We are looking for a Technical Author with excellent communication skills, a desire to learn and an ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts, to join our Technical Communications Team based in Cambridge.
As a technical author, you will report to our Head of Technical Communications. You will work closely with the engineering, commercial, data science and marketing teams to understand their needs and the needs of our customers, and to develop a broad understanding of our products and how they are used. You will use that knowledge to create customer-facing and internal documents and other information resources (e.g. web pages, presentations, etc.).
The role requires a combination of a technical mindset – the ability to grasp technical concepts and understand complex software – and the creativity and communications skills required to convey complex information to a range of different audiences with different needs and levels of knowledge.
Day to Day
- Create customer-facing documents for a range of audiences, from end-user guidance to detailed technical documentation.
- Update existing documentation, ensuring that our customer-facing documents are up to date, accurate, and reflect the latest product functionality.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the organisation, including contributing to and helping to maintain our internal documentation resources.
- Help to build company-wide documentation standards and foster their use.
- Assist in improving and implementing documentation processes and best practices.
- Experienced technical author, with a proven track record of writing for audiences with a range of technical skills and backgrounds
- Excellent command of written English, able to write in a clear and engaging way without sacrificing technical accuracy
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of audiences with clarity and precision
- Demonstrable organisational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with widely-used technical authoring tools
- Basic Linux skills are desirable, but ability and desire to learn are more essential
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
- Quick to learn and to grasp new technical concepts.
- Ability to generalise, learning from specific examples to develop a more general understanding of underlying concepts.
- Self-starter and able to work from own initiative with sound judgement and clear decision-making attributes.
- Attention to detail, particularly when it comes to grammar, syntax, and writing style.
- Flexible and pragmatic approach.
- A passion to work with one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world.
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving you the resources you need so that innovation can thrive.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer:
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Share growth scheme
- Training and mentoring schemes
- Career growth opportunities
- Free Friday team lunches at our Cambridge, London & Atlanta offices
- Quarterly social, team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs
- Fridges packed full of edible treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Freshly ground coffee and a selection of hot drinks
- Board game evenings
- Cycle to Work scheme