We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test with a strong desire to learn and innovate – you help challenge the status quo and you are very eager to develop new skills to help Nexthink stay on the leading edge of digital employee experience. The candidate should be heavily motivated by both the product and technology stack. This is a unique opportunity to design, build, and operate distributed systems at scale.
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining is called Phoenix – you will work on Act, a powerful component that combines custom data retrieval and remediation capabilities to deliver dramatic results in the area of compliance and incident management. The current focus of this team is to build the next generation Act 2.0 using a cloud native, open-source, stack based on a microservices architecture.
Nexthink’s mission is to delight people at work and your contributions will impact the work-life of millions of workers. As a Software Engineer in Test at Nexthink, we expect you to ensure that the delivered software is of the highest quality, fulfilling both functional and non-functional requirements. Your testing experience and mindset will play a crucial role to the overall stability and success of both Act and the Nexthink platform at large.
You are highly motivated, result driven, and detail oriented. You have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills and understanding of computer science. You are familiar with the concepts and patterns described in the Reactive Manifesto, and terms such as CAP theorem, consensus protocols, strong vs eventual consistency, backpressure, bulkheading, circuit breaker, split-brain, and event-sourcing are your bread and butter. You are pragmatic, open to feedback, accountable, and a team player. We look forward to meeting you!
- Participate in the definition of each feature, making sure we always start with a clear set of acceptance criteria that leads to a concise test plan
- Create tests (with the help of the team) to validate the above assumptions
- Decisively pitch in to improve our strategy for test automation
- Handle L3 support requests (together with the rest of the team)
- Contribute to the overall product’s architecture and design
- Participate actively in the technology roadmap
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different ceremonials