Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
We are looking for innovative and driven Technical Project Manager who shares our vision and commits themselves to Bitmovin's customers and their experience testing, deploying, and using our best of breed media technology products including encoding, playback, and analytics. With your contribution to Bitmovin's culture of ownership and execution, you will be able to make an impact in one of the fastest growing industries - Online Video Streaming.
As a Technical Delivery Manager you will
- Provide project planning and management for customer-facing pre- and post-sales initiatives including proof of concepts, product evaluations, technical integrations, and onboarding
- Interface directly with Bitmovin's largest media tech customers to understand their needs - analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards for scheduled projects
- Determine and draft clear deliverables, timelines, and roles and responsibilities required for specific projects or initiatives in a statement of work
- Manage to the defined statements of work to ensure projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget;
- Manage and prioritize the team backlog including assignment and oversight of daily tasks to technical personnel
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Coordinate commitments to, and manage expectations with, Bitmovin's customers
- Work closely with Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders to drive key customer-facing initiatives forward
- Create customer-facing and internal collateral to communicate project charters, status, risks, and issues
- Leverage past expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical personnel
- Assist with recruiting and hiring exceptional technical personnel
It would be great if you have
- 5+ years of experience planning and managing technical projects and teams
- 3+ years of experience managing customer interactions and managing expectations
- Experience delivering top technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people, including Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders
- Technical background and experience in Online Video Streaming is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising individual contributors and teams
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical field required
- Master's degree in Project Management or a Project Management Certification from an accredited institution is preferred
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired. Apply now