We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Technical team as we continue on our journey as one of the fastest growing food and drinks brands.
We are looking for an Ingredients Technical Manager, who will be responsible for working alongside our NPD & procurement teams to source and approve ingredients & suppliers.
Based at Huel HQ in Tring, Hertfordshire, with lots of UK and International travel to meet suppliers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing and maintaining current risk assessment of all ingredients
- Reviewing and approving raw material supply chains & specifications to ensure ingredients meet our standards
- Continually refining and reviewing the testing procedure for ingredients to ensure finished product conformance to specification and legal requirements
- Maintaining the ingredient supplier approval procedure, including auditing of the supply base
- Supporting the product development and the procurement teams through advising on the suitability of and the sourcing of ingredients
- Working alongside product technical managers to ensure that the finished product consistently meets the required standards using the appropriate ingredients
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, setting and monitor adherence to quality standards & being able to effectively resolve any issues with suppliers in a professional and efficient manner
- Managing & developing members of the team
- Providing ingredient technical support internally