About the role and about You:
The Zwift Finance team is looking for a Tax Manager to work closely with the Controller and business partners to evaluate and provide tax-efficient solutions to both new and on-going business initiatives. This role is critical to ensuring that the Company is well advised on the tax impact of its activities, and that the relevant tax technical analysis on the US and international tax impacts of such activities are properly documented in order to support our reporting, compliance, and on-going tax analysis. This individual should have in-depth tax technical knowledge in evaluating and advising on business initiatives and proposals.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee international and US state tax liability and incentives including but not limited to VAT, corporate income and franchise tax, and sales and use tax.
- Responsible for the diagnosis, solution, development, and implementation of the Company’s tax needs.
- Manage complex tax research projects and analysis for both the US and international entities.
- Prepare US corporate income tax provision.
- Work closely with domestic and international tax return preparers to timely review and file returns.
- Assist with research and development, transfer pricing, domestic and international tax planning strategies.
- Contribute to any other tax matter projects as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Business Administration or related field. CPA is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience applying federal, state, and local tax rules. A minimum of one year of experience in foreign tax is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent writing, compliance, communication, management, and tax research skills.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, tax code, and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance.
- Experience preparing or reviewing accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740.
- Experience with Sage Intacct or similar ERP system.
- Understanding of both app software and hardware business.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All