Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology startup that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. We’ve been experiencing tremendous growth within the past few years as our team has grown from 300 to 750 employees, and have recently raised a $190M Series D funding in 2020. In addition, we have 7 main offices across the world (Paris, NYC, London, Tel Aviv, Munich, Tokyo, Singapore) with 700+ clients globally including many accounts from the global Fortune 100. We can tell you that this growth is not going to stop here, we still are looking for great talent like you to join our family!
We have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce technologies in the world, and featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups.
About the role:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and sales-driven Legal Counsel in Contentsquare’s London offices. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel for UK, Northern Europe and APAC, you will be a legal partner to the Sales and Customer Success team, in addition to building out the legal function’s templates and processes.
What you'll do:
- Manage, draft and negotiate all forms of company contracts, including but not limited to SaaS Agreements, NDAs, Service Level Agreements, Partner Agreements and Vendor Agreements.
- Act as a trusted legal advisor, understanding how to balance risks and provide sound advice to the management and support business functions.
- Help develop and implement standard templates, forms and processes.
- Provide training to the sales and to the operational teams from the different departments on processes, compliance and new legislation.
- Advise different teams across the company on mitigating legal risks.
- Handle other project-based work within the scope of the legal department’s responsibilities on an as-needed basis.
- Whilst the technical skills are obviously important, we have a great culture within the legal team and ContentSquare generally, so culture fit and personality are hugely important. We have a genuinely supportive and good natured environment, and we are keen to retain this!
- UK qualified lawyer with approximately up to 3 years PQE with commercial / corporate experience providing legal advice and negotiating agreements, either from a law firm or commercial environment.
- You will need experience with drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts. Preferable to have some exposure to technology/software contracts, ideally experience with SaaS contracts specifically.
- You are familiar with data protection / privacy law (particularly GDPR), and preferably with commercial agreements relating to this (e.g. data processing agreements).
- If from a law firm, some exposure to clients via secondments would be a plus (but not essential).
- Some experience with IP law is a plus.
- International experience is a plus.
- You are a business-minded individual whose able to provide sound legal advice, but also understand that we need to be commercially-focused advisers to the business.
- Experience working directly with clients/customers and internal sales teams.
- You love working in a fast-moving, business-oriented environment typical of high-growth companies.
Why Should You Apply to Contentsquare?
✅ Our mission is focused on empowering everyone to create better experiences for all in the digital world.
✅ We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
✅ You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people around the globe.
✅ We are in this together #TeamSpirit.
To keep our employees happy and motivated, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and our annual kickoff trip on a global basis! You have the opportunity to interact with our global colleagues.
- Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different)
- We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information!
- Competitive parental leave policy (it can vary depending on geographic locations)
- Fun office culture with a big opportunity to make an impact on our growing global team, culture, including a Culture - Crew for every country to organize regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours
#Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values, and we welcome everyone to apply to our positions.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply now