Nexthink is looking for a Senior Director of Infrastructure & Cloud Operations who is passionate about building and running a high-performance cloud platform and cloud operations. The candidate will drive the development and management of the infrastructure for Nexthink’s multi-tenant, microservices-based cloud platform. The platform has multiple instances deployed across the globe.
You will also be responsible for working closely with Engineering on maturing our CI/CD pipeline to ensure high-quality product releases. You should have demonstrated strong technical and organizational skills in managing large cloud platform engineering and operations for a Saas product company.
The role will report to the CTO and work closely with the heads of Architecture, VP of Engineering, Security, Support, Product Management and Sales leadership in driving the development and delivery of the next generation digital employee experience platform.
You will bring a strong SRE mindset to your role and drive the adoption of SRE industry best practices.
The Senior Director of Cloud Engineering and Operations’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all DevOps functions within the engineering organization including defining and implementing software development tools & processes for continuous integration and deployment of services to the cloud.
- Own automation for delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-code and monitoring-as-code.
- Responsible for building and managing services availability, performance, and scalability in production environments to enable business-defined SLAs.
- Collaborate with the development organization to manage micro-services at scale on the platform.
- Define, measure, and exceed SLOs for business-defined SLAs: ensure uptime and performance, create predictive alerting infrastructure, monitoring dashboards and resolution playbooks for handling anticipated issues.
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure a high-quality product is developed and deployed in production.
- Work closely with the architecture and security teams to define and implement enterprise-grade practices.
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a strong cloud engineering and SRE team.