Who We Are
Domino is helping the world run on models. Data Science teams at model-driven companies use our platform to accelerate breakthrough research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deliver high-impact solutions. Our customers are sophisticated analytical and data-driven organizations, including Johnson and Johnson, Allstate, Dell, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Zetta Venture Partners, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue Management, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution: helping companies build better cars, develop more effective medicine, or simply recommend the perfect gift. Domino looks for driven individuals and leaders who want to take their careers to the next level. We seek high performers, achievers, leaders, and visionaries. Together, we build groundbreaking, cutting-edge technology solutions that enable our customers to identify cancer faster, cure world pandemics, and build autonomous vehicles. On top of it all, our executive leadership team brings years of successful and proven experience in transforming startups into successful business ventures.
What We Are Building
The Customer Success Engineering team sits at the core of the Customer Success organization. We are an elite team who help data scientists turn their companies into model-driven organizations. We train users, advise our customers on how to integrate their use cases on Domino, integrate data sources, customize tools, and offer best practices for optimizing customer projects on our platform.
What is the Job Like?
As a Customer Success Engineering Manager, you will build, motivate, and inspire a team of deeply technical engineers with post-sales ownership of the overall success of our customers. You'll help ensure that customers derive maximum value and utilization from Domino platform and services such that they renew, expand, and become our champions.
- Hire, onboard, develop, coach, mentor, and evaluate Customer Success Engineers. Set a clear bar for excellence while building a high-performing team that will be diverse and inclusive
- Partner with various Domino teams to drive CSE role clarity, account coverage, project assignment, and dissemination of effective customer product requirements to our Product and Engineering divisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams to mitigate customer risk and help your team with escalations as needed
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate Domino customer’s projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, and blocker escalations
- Provide day-to-day management, guidance, and support to a team of CSEs across a territory including task planning, client task prioritization, and de-escalation of customer and team friction
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Set goals and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for your team
- Be a role model of Domino’s cultural values: Customer Devotion, Own the Outcome, Think Rigorously, Seek Truth/Speak Truth, Iterate to Excellence, and Win Together
- Monitor resource utilization metrics and recommend appropriate staffing plans.
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- 7+ years of experience in a client-facing consulting role
- 5+ years of successful experience in a customer-facing role leading a technical team of consultants, sales engineers, solution architects, or technical account managers
- Previous startup experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about AWS, Azure, or GCP cloud platforms
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills
- Understanding of data science workflows
- Experience selling service offerings/value built around highly technical products to IT and the Data Science or Business leaders
- Experience with distributed computing technologies, such as Spark, Ray.io, Dask Hadoop, NoSQL databases is highly desired
- Previous knowledge of building and supporting containerized applications on Kubernetes desired
- Team player who has a proven track record of excelling in fast-growing environments and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication abilities.
What We Value
- At Domino, we value a growth mindset and seek high-performing, creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value those who believe improvement is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we see room for growth in all areas.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function within the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.