We are on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. Why is our mission important? For two reasons: we help people to learn and grow, and we help people create lifelong memories during their travel. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed. People value the experiences - visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food walking tour of Rome. These experiences are what help people connect with their destination’s history and culture. And these experiences help people create cherished memories that last a lifetime.
Our product - which helps people discover, book, and enjoy incredible travel experiences - is an essential tool for anyone visiting the world’s top destinations.
Travel experiences are the last remaining part of the travel industry that is yet to fully transition to digital and mobile. All of the recent trends in travel experiences - touchless ticketing, timed entry for attractions, on-the-go discovery, and planning - will accelerate the consumer transition from offline transactions to digital and mobile. Unlike flights or accommodations, there is no large incumbent yet in the travel experiences space. Our ambition, and our opportunity, is to become the global leader for travel experiences.
About the team - Category Management
GetYourGuide's supply is split into categories such as Attraction Tours, Entrance Tickets, and Day Trips. Category Management’s mission is to create an incredible end-to-end customer experience per category. Our objective is to maximize revenue and profitability through:
- Defining category-specific business models;
- Executing category-specific supply and marketing playbooks, and
- Building category-specific product capabilities.
Our team consists of seven senior leaders, one for each focus category, and works hand in hand with our functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, and Marketing).
About the role - General Manager: Attraction Tours
We are looking for a strategic leader to drive revenue and profitability of our category “Attraction Tours”. The category is a key strategic focus for GetYourGuide and represents a € 25 billion market opportunity. Tasks include to:
- develop our global strategy;
- to offer comprehensive and high-quality supply;
- and to delight our customers with exceptional user experiences in our category Walking Tours.
As General Manager: Attraction Tours, you will use your leadership, communication and problem solving skills to implement valuable solutions for our customers. This is a full-time role, reporting to our Director of Guided Tours.
Your responsibility - increase revenue and profitability for our category Attraction Tours
- Get the big ideas right, e.g. co-develop our strategy and business model along with senior management
- Communicate those ideas effectively, e.g. continuously refine and test new frameworks, and report monthly progress across all levels, incl. our Executive team
- Oversee the implementation of the ideas. Maintain alignment, and execute our strategy in cooperation with all relevant teams, e.g. Sales, Product, and Marketing
- Determine how to refine the big ideas — then repeat the cycle. Become the global expert for Attraction Tours. This includes travelling to destinations, talking to travellers and suppliers, and testing our tours
- You have four years experience at the Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, Bain, or a fast-growing tech startup (excluding time spent for an MBA or PhD)
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong business acumen, and willingness to get your hands dirty to get things done
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller
Reasons to join us
- Join the global leader for travel experiences. We have an outstanding culture, talent density, growth model, and cash balance. No other player will grow as fast as us in 2021 and beyond. It is only up to us to keep dominating the € 150 billion travel experiences market going forward
- Be part of a carefully selected high-performing team that includes some of the strongest top tier ex-consultants and growth hackers, and reports directly to the founder & COO. Our team defines the company strategy and ensures the execution of our biggest ideas such as GetYourGuide Originals
- Boost your learning curve and network. GetYourGuide’s size (~600 employees from over 70 nationalities, $650 million in funding) is the ideal size to learn from the best and to build up a strong international network. Additionally, you’ll receive an annual training budget
- Socialize regularly [once it is safe again], e.g. during our weekly Pizza Friday, quarterly team events, bi-yearly trainings, and yearly all staff summit and Christmas party
- Receive top payment (both fixed salary and virtual stock options)
- Benefit from several perks (e.g. GYG family & friends discount, discounted monthly passes for public transportation, fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club; German lessons, etc.)
- Receive visa and relocation support
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide. Apply now