We are looking for an Associate Backend Engineer to join our team. You will get to collaborate with frontend developers, product managers and designers to build great things together. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a platform that is used by millions of travelers around the world then keep on reading.
- Help your mission team to move fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Under two years of full-time software development experience
- Functional knowledge of Java and modern software standards
- Ability to understand frontend code when necessary
- Ability to turn ideas into working code
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working in the marketplace space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
In the first six months, you will learn more about...
- A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Architecture and deployment of complex websites
- Writing unit or end to end tests
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- GetYourGuide vouchers and reimbursable German lessons
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences, or dive directly into some code that we released as open source.