Modulr are seeking a Service Delivery Analyst that can support the day-to-day operational workload across our core Service Management processes. You will be required to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders delivering a high-quality service at all times.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Start-ups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Provide support to the Incident Management Process and ensure appropriate reporting and actions are completed.
- Monitor supplier performance against contracted SLAs, regularly collating performance data and escalating for action, as necessary.
- Attend service reviews with our Key Suppliers and manage action trackers.
- Provide key Customers with monthly service level reporting and attend service reviews when necessary.
- Establish working relationships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring clear communication.
- Maintain all reporting and data integrity across the service delivery function.
- Interrogate the established data to identify trends and mitigate any risks.
About You: To join us as a Service Delivery Analyst, you’ll need:
- Exceptional organisational skills – able to plan and manage a high volume of work and be a self-starter with the drive to get things done.
- Experience working within an Incident Management process
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a service delivery or relationship management role
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence dealing with internal and external stakeholders is a must.
- We are looking for someone that is familiar with Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and have the ability to create and maintain reports.
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working