Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sounds interesting?
Who we're looking for:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the development of delivery plans while working with a high-performance technical team in our Long Beach HQ.
You’ll be responsible for your team’s efficient delivery of quality code and for ensuring engineering standard methodologies like unit testing, TDD, code readability, and scalability. You’ll also be responsible for growing a diverse team and coaching your team for performance. When needed, you can jump in and write code yourself.
Why we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You will be surrounded by awe-inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you are a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to work out while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of relevant management experience
- Shown experience leading agile teams using modern agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Build realistic project plans, align across teams with respect to results, proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Define and drive key success metrics and communicate progress to executive partners
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Effective at hiring, coaching, and leading diverse engineering teams
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Experience with source control, preferably GIT
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience developing and architecting Mobile solutions using Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin, Java, PostgreSQL
- Experience with DevOps technologies like AWS EC2, S3, ELB, Aurora, RDS, Terraform, Elasticache
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond to help your team win
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience in video gaming or health & fitness industries
- Experience working with multi-functional teams
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness
- Experienced Zwifter
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
How we are handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is to ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we are doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, do not be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We will not think twice if we get to meet members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply now