About the role and about You:
Zwift is looking for a Game Engineering Architect to join our Zwift Game team. You may be in the role of Technical Director or a senior technical contributor at your current studio.
The right candidate is a technical thought leader in game development, with experience in hands-on technical depth in one or more of the following areas:
- Tools and Pipelines (e.g. CI/CD, Build Automation, Editors, Asset Streaming, etc)
- C++ client / server networking infrastructure @ MMO scale
- Rendering and engine technologies (e.g. C++ and UE4/Unity)
- In depth knowledge of custom engine performance and stability observation and optimization
This is a hands-on, technical-focused role reporting directly to the Director of Games Engineering, without people-management duties.
You’ll be creating compelling user experiences across our game, Zwift Companion mobile apps, and website, including solution plans, presenting demos and concepts, leading architecture discussions, and rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
What you’ll do:
- Provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to the game development team.
- Determine technical dependencies and deliver detailed technical designs to stakeholders and fellow engineers.
- Mentor other game engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Identify technical risks and help build mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 8+ years of game development experience.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Someone who still regularly codes and can, at a senior level, actively contribute features and fixes to the Zwift Game C++ codebase.
- Strong mentor and able to coach other senior engineers on how to be great mentors.
- Ability to analyze, improve and extend a large established codebase
- Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
- Experience with automated testing and building pipelines for CI/CD.
- Experience working on an MMO.
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Experience with LiveOps and doing experiment/feature-flag based development.
- Experience working on engine development.
- Experience with java and/or backend development.
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.