About the Role and You
The Senior Program Manager, Quality & Certification will work with Product Design teams, Quality Engineers, Delivery Program Managers and other functions to lead certification activities and ensure consistent application of quality tools, processes, standards and best practices, directly supporting the delivery of complex and innovative fitness equipment products and hardware.
The role-holder will have excellent collaboration, planning, problem solving and leadership skills in order to coordinate quality activities from early R&D through design and validation and onto sustaining, and ensuring a smooth delivery of certification requirements and documentation.
The role requires an extensive understanding of Certification requirements and processes, and Quality Management best practices for hardware design engineering, ideally with a consumer electronics background, in order to guide the team through the product creation and certification process.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Quality and Test engineers in Engineering functions (Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware) to align methods, tools and reporting
- Work with the Delivery Program Managers and apply consistent quality levels to development and delivery programs
- Lead requirements and coordinate tasks for product certification across all products, including CE, FCC (and other regions), RoHS, REACH, wireless & wired protocols and fitness equipment requirements.
- Develop and grow the Zwift Hardware Design Total Quality Management (TQM) strategy, aligned with company wide goals
- Work with Quality leads in Supply Chain and other departments to ensure joined-up deliverables, plans and processes
- Manage issue logging processes, including hands-on involvement with triage and follow-up
- Facilitate Product & Program Lessons Learnt and Continuous Improvement processes
- Recommend and be champion for quality tools and best practices in collaboration with Engineering teams and other functional teams
- Develop and enact processes to manage & investigate Customer Support (Field) escalations
What you'll have
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Certification, Quality Engineering or a closely related role, involving development of consumer electronics or other high volume manufactured products
- Hands on experience in an Engineering, Design or Manufacturing discipline
- Experience of product certification for consumer electronic products, including wireless technologies and global regional requirements (US, EU, UK, Aus/NZ, others)
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience implementing Quality tools and processes (e.g. 8D, FMEA, 6sigma, QFD, PPAP)
- Readiness to follow a flexible schedule to work with global teams, and a proven ability to delivery challenging programs as a sole contributor, or as a team lead
- A disciplined approach to running complex projects with the ability to be agile and manage dynamic situations Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with and give guidance to peers or other teams
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Prince2, APM, Scrum or other relevant Project/Program management qualifications
- Experience with certification of indoor or outdoor electronic sporting equipment (ISO4210, ISO20957)
- Experience of QMS and related standards (ISO9001, ISO14001)
- Experience of Smartsheets, Jira and Miro tools
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.