Your daily workout
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer who loves to write code in Java and is open to learning other languages and technologies. Do you feel comfortable working with a microservice architecture style and are you not afraid to tackle new challenges? Then join our team in Munich! We develop backend services that are used by the whole EGYM company, making it possible for other teams at EGYM to fulfill goals. We will consider both junior and professional developers.
- You design and implement clean, robust and fast APIs to allow our developers to connect to the EGYM platform
- You work as part of a team to implement new software projects, including but not limited to assisting with engineering and improvement of database systems
- You help us developing our DevOps Culture
- You learn and evaluate new technologies and skills and share this knowledge with other developers in the company
Your fitness level
- You are a passionate backend developer who can write clean and effective code (mostly on Java; Go is a plus)
- You ideally completed a university degree in Computer science or similar
- You can work or you are eager to learn how to work with many tools and technologies, such as Java, Spring, Guice, Go, Event-Driven Architecture (e.g. Google PubSub), Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, REST, gRPC, GCP, SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and constantly revising assumptions in response to new information
Your training goal for your first 6 months
- You took ownership of at least one of our microservice applications, you are able to understand its architecture and deliver on product requirements and features as well as improving testability and functionality
- You are familiar with the EGYM ecosystem and the role of the different teams in the software engineering department
- You are a known and well-respected member of the platform services team and the engineering department
The equipment we provide
- Enjoy coffee, tea and fresh fruit for free
- Use state of the art equipment
- Be part of a motivated, ambitious and international team that uses English as a working language
- Work with our modern tech-stack such as: Go, gRPC or PubSub. Curious? Then see all the technologies we use here: https://tech-radar.co.ts.egym.com
- Enjoy home office possibilities, lots of flexibility and 30 days of vacation
- Benefit from flat hierarchy structure & little bureaucracy
Apply now with your documents (CV, certificates, references, salary expectations, and earliest possible start date) and specify the job ID #881.
Contact: Liska Kürten
For further information: https://career.egym.com The data privacy statement for our recruiting process applies
Become part of EGYM!EGYM also offers subscription-based corporate wellness solutions built on a combination of gym-access and EGYM fitness programs that directly target costly chronic conditions and boost employee health, leading to higher productivity and well-being.
EGYM is a global fitness technology leader providing fitness and health facilities with intelligent workout solutions. EGYM makes exercising smarter and more efficient with its comprehensive suite of connected gym equipment and digital products that integrate seamlessly with 3rd-party-hard- and software. The result is a fully connected training experience that drives measurable business and health outcomes on and off the training floor.
EGYM's global headquarters are in Munich, Germany, with North American offices in Boulder, Colorado. Apply now