We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our Infrastructure team.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Lead, the Senior Systems Administrator will work as part of the Infrastructure Team to design, deploy, document and maintain our global infrastructure, including our PCI compliant area.
Featurespace operates a heterogeneous technology environment. The successful candidate will require a wide range of skills, knowledge & experience to help Featurespace operate to a high standard and enable Featurespace to scale globally.
This role would be responsible for the automation of our environment, with a goal to minimise human error and provide maximum service reliability, ensuring that our IT policies are comprehensive and correct, making sure our infrastructure is fully patched, up to date and secure, and handling day to day tasks, requests and tickets from the business.
Day to Day
As a company we hire people with a willingness to adapt to a variable role, so along with the responsibilities below, we ask for ownership of any other duties as required.
- Configuring internal and production systems to meet best practice, policy, and contractual requirements for information/IT security
- Information/IT security monitoring, auditing, and reporting
- Managing storage and access of sensitive data
- Assisting with general systems administration as require
- Strong experience around information/IT security compliance
- Strong sysadmin experience with Linux, ideally Red Hat, CentOS or Oracle Linux, including best practices and hardening
- Experience with networking, including configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and security
- Experience with Ansible (or similar configuration management tools)
- Experience with general automation and scripting/development (Perl/Python/Bash)
- Experience with storage system (NAS/SAN systems)
- Attention to detail in their work, and a diligent manner when dealing with production services
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with a team that is distributed around the world
- Knowledge or experience with any of the following technologies:
- Working with CI/CD tools (such as gitlab, teamcity, etc.)
- Working with lifecycle management tools (e.g. Foreman)
- Experience maintaining and managing Openstack clusters
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes technologies
- Working in a PCI compliant environment
- FreeIPA/Red Hat Identity Management
- Knowledge of Mellanox Switches (Protocols such as MLAG, LAG) and HA clusters
- Knowledge of Virtualisation (such as MS Hyper-V)
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibilities
- An indication of how relevant technologies have been used (not just a list)
- Good problem solving skills
- A desire to work as a team
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.