Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
In May 2021, Alkemic was acquired by Boston-based commerce experience management platform Salsify.
Salsify empowers brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf by delivering the commerce experiences consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. The world's biggest brands including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK use Salsify every day to stand out on the digital shelf. To date, Salsify has raised a total of $198.1 million in funding, led by Warburg Pincus, Venrock, Matrix Partners, Greenspring Associates, Underscore VC, and North Bridge.
With this acquisition, Salsify furthers its position as the only global CommerceXM platform featuring both the ability to truly support customers worldwide and the largest product and engineering team. The fastest-growing company in the space, Salsify will cross $100M ARR by mid-2021, have about 600 employees, and have offices in Boston, Lisbon, and Paris. The combined solution will power open collaboration and content exchange between suppliers and retailers, resulting in superior product experiences everywhere consumers shop.
The Business Operations function at Salsify is responsible for defining and tracking business metrics (single source of truth), managing and operating critical business systems, identifying and executing on business performance improvement opportunities, and generally acting as a thought partner to the business leaders.
The Sales Operations Manager will partner closely with Sales leaders to identify, prioritize, and deliver on their operational needs in our EMEA regions. This individual will blend strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to enable the EMEA Sales teams to achieve growth-oriented goals and investment strategies, improve productivity and performance, and strengthen the sales process. Bringing an innate curiosity to problem solve, a solutions-oriented approach, and a passion for Sales productivity and optimization, the Sales Operations Manager will have outsized impact on our Sales team’s success.
- Partner on go-to-market strategy: Operationalize our GTM and selling strategy in EMEA, including new market entry and scale; build and maintain capacity models; design and execute equitable territories for each EMEA sales rep; support sales incentive and enablement plans
- Optimize sales processes: Design and optimize the Sales process in a scalable way to increase productivity and revenue bookings, as well as improve CRM usage and compliance.
- Manage analytics/reporting: Build analytics and dashboards and facilitate presentation and review of EMEA Sales performance metrics on weekly/monthly/quarterly cadences. Support goal/plan development and compensation plan deployment to ensure our goals are measurable.
- Gather and analyze data: Monitor analytics and provide actionable insights and recommendations that drive business improvements across teams, markets/geos, and strategic business segments.
- Drive bookings and pipeline predictability: Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Finance to forecast pipeline and bookings, including factors that will challenge and solidify the forecast
- Represent EMEA Sales in system enhancements: Participate in existing platforms optimization, new platform evaluations, integration plans/testing, and data flows to ensure process and analytics requirements are met for EMEA.
- Ensure data quality: Implement regular data governance and hygiene/quality processes. Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with global Marketing and Finance teams to establish an ensure a strong partnership and continuous feedback loop
- Opportunity to provide similar partnership and support to our Pre-Sales and Sales Enablement teams in EMEA
The role role will report to our Senior Director, Business Operations, based in Boston, USA.