About the role and about You:
As part of our continued growth, we seek to hire a Senior Test and Development Engineer to join our Hardware team, Connected Products. This is a newly created position where the chosen person will specialise in planning and executing hardware tests at product- and component-level, with the skills and experience to manage multiple projects autonomously. The ideal person will have experience in the area of motors and power electronics.
What you’ll do
- Plan characterisation, compliance and durability tests for hardware/embedded software products
- Prepare test plans and report templates in accordance with internal/external standards
- Specify and integrate required equipment/fixtures (including data acquisition)
- Provide design briefs to Mechanical Design colleagues for custom components
- Assemble test rigs, including preparing power/instrumentation/data harnesses
- Execute tests and capture plausible data, working with colleagues to confirm validity of results
- Troubleshoot and fix issues with test rigs and DUTs, including co-ordinating with suppliers etc.
- Summarise test results/data and present findings to wider engineering team
- Specify/design test rigs and fixtures for production use (e.g. with suppliers)
- Contribute to ensuring a safe working environment for colleagues and visitors
- Keep test equipment maintained and calibrated, managing DUT and test equipment inventory
- Manage contractors and external test houses where needed
- Prepare and support product technical demonstrations (e.g. user tests; stakeholder demos)
- Assist colleagues, customers and suppliers with troubleshooting issues, in the field or remotely
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent numerate discipline
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience testing motor and power electronics systems
- Experience specifying/developing and building new test rigs, including data acquisition
- Experience working with external services and managing them
- Experience of test rig automation
- Experience of motor/electronics durability testing for high-volume applications
- Experience of working in the fitness hardware industry
- Experience of mentoring colleagues
Location & Travel:
- Guildford, UK, primary place of work.
- Travel to Zwift’s London UK and Long Beach CA Office may be required.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All