We’re on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s probably not the flight they took, nor the hotel they stayed in. People value experiences––visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome. These experiences help people connect with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime.
As a member of our Discovery Experience Team, your goal will be to understand the needs of travelers that land on our web and app experiences and design solutions based on the insights. What do travelers need when they know their destination but are still discovering how to experience it? What is the best experience when they know which attractions to visit but not how to experience them best? This will be about understanding the users' psychology and their informational needs — helping them to plan their travel as well as showcasing the experiences GetYourGuide has to offer.
About our UX team:
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems along the travel journey in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences.
Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
- Be a thought partner to your Product Manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together.
- Run design exploration activities to help your team navigate ambiguous problem spaces.
- Develop a strong, user-focused point of view on your product area. Advocate for user needs and your vision in a collaborative way. In this role specifically, you will need to understand both the needs of our partners and our end customers.
- Work with UX researchers to plan research initiatives to inform and evaluate product decisions. Leverage both qualitative and quantitative insights in your decision making.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders to facilitate alignment, create shared understanding, and communicate your design rationale.
- Design and test high-quality deliverables. Work with our engineers to ensure a high quality bar in implementation.
- Mentor other designers; give constructive feedback to strengthen your peers’ decision making skills and quality of work.
- 5+ years experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams; strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to clearly communicate design ideas, decision rationale, and product vision
- Proactive and comfortable working autonomously
- Problem-oriented mindset, focusing on outcomes (not output)
- Sharp understanding of how UX impacts business objectives and KPIs
Reasons to join us: Apply now
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private pension scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
- Discounted fitness and German classes