Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
WeTransfer is looking for an (interim) Internal Communications Lead. This role is responsible for keeping the distributed teams connected and informed, and creating a shared understanding of our goals, values, and culture. We have moved to a remote first environment which has increased the need for clear and thoughtful communication, making sure our employees and freelancers are well informed, connected and aligned.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing an internal comms strategy, and help support C-level leadership in guiding our diverse, fast-growing teams through a period of change and growth - while safeguarding our purpose-driven company culture.
We are looking for a skilled storyteller who is creative about how we tell those stories, from channels to format to timing, to get the right information out at the right time.
You will report into the Sr Director of Communications, and work closely with the communications team, C-level leadership and the Employee Experience team. The assignment is for 24-32 hours per week until the end of this year with a possible extension.
What you will be doing:
- Developing and executing internal communications strategies
- Working closely together with senior leadership to help them cascade communications
- Mentoring and managing the internal comms junior
- Working with the PR & Comms team to align internal and external messaging, and ensure consistency across comms strategies.
- Produce superb written (English) internal communications and talking points for executive leadership, and be able to deliver constructive feedback.
- Planning, supporting and executing regular all hands, our internal communication channels and internal events, including pre/post-event communications.
- Helping nurture and maintain a vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent for WeTransfer
- Clearly define our employee’s needs and preferences in terms of how they like to be informed and communicated with
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years experience in setting up and managing complex global internal communication programs, preferably in a fast-paced, constantly changing scale-up environment.
- Proven ability to manage and translate complex business issues into compelling and clear messages
- Strong stakeholder management skills: proven ability to persuade, influence and respond to senior leaders and stakeholders
- High-quality and on-brand copywriting, speech writing, presentation planning and delivery skills
- Culturally sensitive; proven ability to take an inclusive approach
- A strategic thinker and a hands on mentality, available to work in the evening when needed
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, with the ability to operate under your own direction
Discretion, creativity, empathy and honesty are key values for this role.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.