You are a missiondriven service designer who has the ability to zoom in and out of customer experiences with ease. You have deep expertise in service design tools and methods with the ability to guide others throughout the process and to communicate value at each step.
As a Lead UX (Service Design) Designer on the User Experience team, and embedded in Customer Support, you will be a key contributor to our Operational Enterprise team. You will assist in guiding the team in finding opportunity areas, prioritizing, mapping, prototyping, and testing solutions. You’ll use service design methods like journey mapping to bring clarity to both long-term roadmap planning and short-term execution.
Your role will focus on working across departments and teams to design end-to-end experiences, ensuring that we are delivering outstanding experiences. You will help empower our Customer Service team so that they are equipped to deliver exceptional service; both for happy paths, as well as service-recovery scenarios.
While the primary focus will be on Customer support touchpoints and tools, you will also consider how additional functions like Product, Program, Data, Insights, and partners contribute to ensure that we build holistic and connected end-to-end service experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and evolve current and future state service blueprints and user journeys to inform longer-term pivotal initiatives and shorter-term roadmaps
- Guide teams in brainstorming solutions that are grounded in real people's needs -- and then work to refine and prioritize those ideas
- Work in close collaboration with Customer Support, Global Programs, and User Research to inform user goals and identify high-impact opportunity areas
- Find creative solutions that balance user goals, business objectives, and technical requirements
- Storytelling big-picture ideas and communicate succinct rationale for near-term solutions
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional peers and to nurture positive relationships
- Alongside individual contributor work, you’ll also play a role in shaping the design team culture and inspiring others to deliver high-quality experiences
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of deeply understanding and modeling customer behaviors and patterns
- Experience with business modeling and in co-creating value definition with internal customers
- Clear demonstration of service design methodology application and mastery of techniques (e.g., Service blueprints, trend and market analysis, user journey maps) to tie external and internal experiences together
- A background in I/O Psychology, UX Design, Industrial Design, or some combination
- A strong portfolio that reflects a range of projects and demonstrates high-quality service design outcomes
- You have deep passion for, and/or experience in, cycling, fitness, or video games
- Experience delivering results while working remotely with geographically distributed teams
- You consider yourself a systems problem solver -- and you can give us good examples of why that’s the case
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] Apply now