Established in 2014 as a tech business, we are now growing and are in the process of developing ground breaking Zwift hardware. This is a big and exciting change for us, and because of this, we are looking to build a global Supply Chain team.
We will be scaling the business and our supply chain quickly, so this role is designed to enable us to make our newly developed supply chain effective, across planning, sourcing, production and logistics.
As the Senior Manager, Quality you will be responsible for developing and leading the global hardware product quality management system. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving product quality and minimizing customer returns in a rapidly changing and high growth environment. This includes establishing manufacturing and supplier quality processes and standards, auditing suppliers, investigating and resolving reported quality issues. You will have the right mix of developing and implementing a foundation for growth, strong multi-functional teamwork skills and a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ attitude. You will have global direct reports.
What you'll do:
- Ability to review and understand technical Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to develop effective product and process quality plans for Mass Production through end of life. Collaborate with Connected Products Quality resources to coordinate new product development and New Product Introduction quality alignment.
- Quality leadership for all new product development programs for quality risk mitigation
- Quality leadership in new supplier evaluation, selection, development and ongoing management process
- Define and execute quality assurance and ongoing reliability test standards and process
- Lead new and sustaining product compliance and certification requirements
- Provide input into customer return policies and protocols; ensuring visibility into customer reported issues for rapid resolution, robust product quality and customer delight.
- Establish a foundation of best-practice and scalable quality strategies, processes, systems and willingness in a low-mix med-volume environment which includes:
- Control plan
- Golden samples / specification process
- Quality Metrics
- 8D reporting
- Preventive measures
- Corrective action verification procedures
- Product and supplier failure and trend analytics
- Direct Contract Manufacturer & supplier processes to ensure first pass quality during start-up and throughout product lifecycles
- Maintain and improve product quality by:
- Completing product, supplier and process audits
- Investigating customer complaints and address quality issues through root cause analysis, coordinating with multi-functional teams, and preparing and completing action plans
- Collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs (DFX), and manufacturing and training methods
- Influence suppliers to implement tests, screening/audit procedures and corrective actions where there may be little interest in collaborating
- Attract, maintain and develop strong quality professionals
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Quality Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years recent quality management experience
- Understanding of ISO9000 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems (QMS),TS 16949 or IATF 16949 experience a plus
- Experience in the use and application of ISO 2728, ISO 8062, ISO 2768, ISO 2769 and ISO 20457 standards
- Familiarity with safety compliance application process (UL, CE, CCC, etc.) and energy efficiency standards (i.e. Energy Star)
- Proven track record to apply measurement, analysis and CI tools to create lasting operational improvements
- Able to communicate cross-functionally at all levels of the business - internally and externally
- Experience in working with global teams and vendors
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven attitude
- Self-managed and motivated to succeed
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] Apply now