We are now growing and are in the process of developing groundbreaking Zwift hardware. This is a big and exciting change for us, and because of this, we are looking to build a global Supply Chain team.
This role will be responsible for setting up our sourcing strategy, building our sourcing team and establishing our sourcing processes and standards. You will build our global supply base to ensure we have efficient quality, cost and continuity of supply. You ensure our sourcing capability is set up to meet our global and dynamic environment. You will define and implement strategic sourcing strategies to hedge against long lead times, global demand and commodity fluctuations. You will collaborate with Manufacturing and Finance to optimize for regional tariffs and duties. We are going to be launching and growing quickly, so you will need to be hands-on to get things set up, whilst being able to maintain a focus on our long-term plans to ensure our sourcing strategy is aligned.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a sourcing strategy for all commodities such as mechanical, electrical and electromechanical parts, as well as finished goods to support the eCommerce business.
- Work closely with R&D, Engineering, NPI, Manufacturing, Quality and Planning teams to build a funnel of highly qualified suppliers to meet our product development needs throughout the product life cycle.
- Establish a streamlined supplier selection and award process that is in lockstep with cross-functional qualification needs.
- Negotiate favorable terms that meet Zwift’s needs and allow our Contract Manufacturing partners to easily qualify suppliers on our Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Accountable for the BOM cost and Tooling NRE target attainment, optimization, reduction and predictability.
- Manage sourcing risk, ensuring we have the right partners and capability in place to achieve our mid and long-term business goals
- Establish deep supplier relationships, effective escalation paths and creatively problem-solve to ensure continuity of supply.
- Develop suppliers and facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with strategic suppliers, incorporating cross-functional feedback and performance metrics.
- Attract and retain top Global Sourcing Manager talent in US, UK/EU and Asia; establishing an open, responsive and results-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with the other senior supply chain leaders to establish clear roles and responsibilities that will evolve as our organization scales to support volumes growing from zero to six-figures.
- Work cross-functionally to implement and mature purchasing and ERP systems for visibility and scale.
What you’ll have:
- 10+ years direct sourcing experience of electrical and mechanical components and parts for the consumer electronics industry
- 5+ years experience managing global Tier 1 & Tier 2 Contract Manufacturers and suppliers
- A degree in a supply chain, sourcing, mathematics, business, engineering, or another relevant subject
- 5+ years as a people manager, with experience developing robust global teams
- Experience in sourcing and setting up new electrical and mechanical suppliers, as well as launching new technical products into a portfolio
- Ability to demonstrate excellent supplier relationship management techniques
- Excellent internal and external partner management experience; you will be able to manage and influence multiple partners at any one time
- Willingness to travel when conditions allow - you will travel to visit internal stakeholders and global manufacturing partners and suppliers
- Experience in a high growth, scale-up environment
- CIPS qualification
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected] Apply now