As an engineer in our data infrastructure team, your mission is making sure we have a great platform to manage data in our production systems. You will work with systems affecting the whole engineering organisation. The team makes sure we have effective ways to move data from one service to another, store data short and long term and transform data to suitable formats for later consumption by our data teams.
We act as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. Making it easy to set up, connect to and own data systems is our call to action. We strive for stable, secure systems while at the same time providing room for fast experimentation. We are using a modern container-based service architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Airflow, MySQL and Postgres. Don’t worry if you don’t know all of them, we will help you get up to speed.
- Build and scale our cloud-based data infrastructure and help align it with the rest of our production infrastructure
- Build and improve our developer tooling around databases and data infrastructure
- Ensure high availability of key data systems including taking on-call responsibility
- Develop and support the tooling and infrastructure for our events pipeline and work with stakeholders such as data scientists, backend engineers and product managers
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies
- Be responsible for roles and permissions regarding our data, backup/restore solutions and similar tooling.
- Champion our data engineering culture and help the engineering organisation understand how to
- Experience with data pipelines and databases
- Coding skills in at least one programming language. We use Java and Python among others
- Understanding of distributed systems, networking and container technology
- Some familiarity with public cloud environments like AWS is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Curiosity, a growth mindset, ability to quickly learn supported by the senior engineers on the team
- Problem solver with operations skills that can quickly diagnose and pinpoint issues in a production environment
- You enjoy solving problems using open source solution
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Hybrid work from home model
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are key to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via [email protected]
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog Inside GetYourGuide, and for questions or comments we’d love to hear from you by emailing [email protected]