At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in the UKI, United States East Coast, France, Germany, or the Netherlands.
Camunda is growing quickly and turning into a remote-first, internationally distributed organization with teams in more than 10 different countries. The People Team at Camunda directly contributes to our 2024 vision:
More than 500 Camundos will be contributing to our success and live a unique company culture that adheres to our FAITH values. Camunda will be an international firm with a diverse staff that collaborates in a remote-first setup. High performance and personal growth will be top priorities: Our people will help Camunda grow, and in return Camunda will help our people grow.
To fulfill this mission the People Team is responsible for
- Attracting and hiring job candidates with outstanding talent/role fit. (Talent Acquisition)
- Providing learning resources for people's success as well as professional and personal development. (Learning and Development)
- Being a trusted advisor on people management matters. (People & Organization)
- Ensuring the best people and workplace experience. (People Experience)
- Designing the framework and support in all administrative matters related to our employees. (People Operations)
The Chief People Officer (CPO) is the strategic leader of the People Team and key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), reporting directly to the CEO.
- Oversee Talent Acquisition, People & Organization, People Operations including Compensation and Benefits, People Experience, Learning and Development and manage and grow the respective teams (as a manager of managers).
- Develop and execute overall strategy for the Camunda People Team.
- Develop Camunda’s approach to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identify and measure organizational KPIs and OKRs for the People Team.
- Deliver on the goal of “Our people will help Camunda grow, and in return Camunda will help our people grow.” by implementing the respective programs for learning and development and career paths.
- Make sure the company is compliant with all relevant employment laws and introduce best practices to protect the organization.
- Advise the broader executive team on all strategic people related matters and surface room for improvement.
- Team up with the CEO to make sure that Camunda retains and develops our unique company culture.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in various HR roles
- At least 6 years of HR leadership experience, with at least 3 years of experience in an HR executive role leading People Managers/Directors across multiple geographies
- Evident track record of building and optimizing processes, systems, and structures in a high-growth company (ideally growing from less than 100 to more than 1,000 employees) with employees dispersed across multiple geographies
- Experience with local employment laws and regulations, in particular for the EU (ideally: Germany) and the US
- Growth mindset which allows you to learn and embrace new challenges quickly
- You share our FAITH values and champion them, leading by example
- In particular, you
- Focus by setting clear priorities and objectives for the People Team which are aligned with our company’s overarching goals and strategies.
- Express Ambition by setting (attainable) stretch goals, getting things out of the door and empowering your reports as Directly Responsible Individuals (DRI) to work autonomously.
- Embody Integrity and embrace transparency as much as possible.
- Recognize Talent/Role fit as the fundamental precondition for high performance, and focus our efforts in talent acquisition, onboarding and performance management accordingly.
- Have a sense of Humor and don’t take yourself too seriously :)
- Willingness to work and thrive in a remote-first organization, where you might not meet your colleagues physically more than twice per year.
- Excellent communication, in particular in writing - You feel comfortable and embrace asynchronous communication as one of our default ways of communication. You also don’t shy away from writing extensive documentation, e.g. to define key goals and strategies to achieve them, or to describe processes, rules and procedures in our company handbook.
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/. Apply now