We’re looking for an ambitious growth marketing expert to lead and develop our new customer acquisition efforts. You’ll be reporting directly to the CMO and be responsible for leading and building a team and technologies to ensure we smash our growth targets and stay world class.
- You’ll lead all paid marketing activity at LoveCrafts, managing the strategy, budgets, forecasts and KPIs
- You’re the paid LTV guru for the business, understanding who the best customers are and how much we should spend to acquire them.
- You’re bursting with ideas for new channels to try and ways to acquire customers. You’ll inspire the team to continually test and learn. Once you’ve evaluated the opportunity you’ll decide whether it should go into BAU and pull together the business case and team for that.
- You’ll lead the existing paid marketing teams (5 people) and you’ll have two direct reports; the PPC manager and growth marketing manager (paid social).
- You’ll work closely with your team to create and deliver the strategy of our paid channels across all geographies, craft verticals and campaign types; creating a plan of how to best grow the business through brand and direct response campaigns and responsible for working out how best to measure this activity. We have big growth expectations for the business and we need someone with the experience and appetite to build both the strategy, and get their hands dirty, to make it happen.
- You’ll work closely with your performance marketing peers; with the head of SEO to understand how we can grow total search marketing for LoveCrafts and with the head of customer retention to ensure an optimised customer journey and LTV.
- Be the stakeholder and advocate for customer data, product and technology requests your teams need be world class
- Tender and work with agencies/ freelancers where appropriate
- Lead by example, always be learning and infront of industry trends and best practices.
Required skills and experience - we don’t expect you to tick every single box but we do need someone who is keen and quick to learn
- You have proven experience driving growth and performance to a budget, you’re comfortable managing large budgets and experienced at jargon-free communication of results.
- You have both technical performance marketing experience combined with the ability to manage your team, projects and cross functional stakeholders.
- Experience using econometrics or marketing mix modelling a plus
- You’re an experience manager and leader who enjoys building and developing teams
- You’re kind, this is one of our most important hiring criteria. You will need to demonstrate that you work effectively in teams, can leave your ego at the door, and will collaborate effectively with your peers.
- You’re entrepreneurial and a self-starter who loves to drive change and learn.
- You’re a clear and analytical thinker who loves using data to make decisions
- You’re hands on: we’re a start up, this role requires you to lead by example, get your hands dirty and motivate your team and others by getting involved in the day to day.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great benefits including Options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, health cash plan and some other great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday.
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Working environment that values excellence
- Central London Location, although working remotely through the COVID pandemic and will continue with a hybrid-remote approach post pandemic
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.