Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining builds what we call the Collectors: the endpoint agents that run on the system of the millions of employees mentioned above. In a nutshell, Collectors extract meaningful information about what's going on the OS, interpret it and feed it to our data analytics systems.
• Challenge #1: make the list of information impressive, growing and increasingly difficult to get and crunch
• Challenge #2: keep the smallest footprint possible on each machine
• Challenge #3: all the above, but as cross-platform as possible
As a software engineer in testing in the Data Collection team, you will:
• Participate in the definition of each feature, making sure we always start with a clear set of acceptance criteria that leads to a concise test plan.
• Create tests on top of our test automation framework to validate the above assumptions • Decisively pitch in to improve the strategy for test automation, performance and regression testing.
• Go through all the steps to ensure we ship a quality product for our clients
• Run investigations for the issues that show up (from internal testing or from customer support) to help smooth down the path to fixing them.
Our QA engineers are excited to take on broad and non-conventional approaches, challenging the status-quo. They constantly come up with ideas that they prototype, put in production and supervise their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance and security that are part of our DNA.