Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
In Europe alone, millions of products are launched every year, each with up to 500 attributes and made by one of 300,000+ manufacturers. Prior to Alkemics, establishing a commercial relationship required numerous back-and-forths between retailers and brands, physically (in trade shows, for instance) or pseudo-digitally (fax, email, XLS templates...) and between various teams (procurement, category management, quality, CSR, e-commerce, marketing...). Because of this painful process, it often took more than 60 days to launch a product. This situation is unsustainable at a time where consumers are demanding a broader product choice, more local products, where Amazon and Alibaba are raising the bar of omnichannel efficiency, and at a time where Lidl and Aldi are setting a standard for productivity.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
Alkemics was founded in Paris in 2012. With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market. The business is now expanding internationally, starting with DACH and BENELUX. Along with international growth, the focus of the business is to leverage its platform and client relationships to build an end-to-end B2B marketplace with the ultimate vision of ordering directly within the platform.
Alkemics raised a total of $50M from tier-1 investors Index Ventures, Partech Ventures, Serena Capital and Cathay Innovation. Its latest funding round took place in April 2020, bringing in Highland Europe, a leading Growth VC. The business is made of 100 employees and is growing extremely rapidly.
Online marketplaces are now commonplace for C2C and B2C markets. This trend has started in B2B sectors too, driving tremendous value and economies of scale. Today, thanks to a captive user base, Alkemics is in a strong position to “platformize” the notoriously difficult retail space. Brands are keen to have their products discovered in a more efficient and elegant way. Retailers are interested in negotiating products more quickly. Brands also want to better control the product introductions within each store.
We're looking to reinforce the Services Team by adding a Professional Services Project Director, who will lead our deployment efforts directly with our clients.
More specifically, you will:
- Deploy our solutions for retailers, brands and partners
- Lead, manage and coordinate inter-functional teams: Products and development, Client's IT and Business team, sales... to define the project strategy, planning and management of the necessary resources (capacity planning)
- Miinmize Time-to-Value for our customer by delivering project in a fast and efficient way
- Educate customer to change management to support their digital transformation
- Facilitate communication within the project team, including sensitive topics and risks
- Define continuous monitoring of activities, risks and problems related to the project to ensure the correct progress
- Produce regular stakeholder communication and reporting
- Produce project deliverables and secure project planning
- Apply the methodology defined for the Project Management (deliverables, meetings, follow-up, planning)
This role does not include a people manager hat. It would be operational management.
- 8 years or more experience in project management, preferably in the retail environment (retailer, consulting, retail software editor)
- Previous experiences in IT integration and implementation project, preferably within the retail industry (ERP Retail, POS, PIM, DAM)
- Relevant expertise in IT Project management
- Change Management Methodology basis
- International background, English fluency is a must
- Excellent organisation, analytical, and synthesis skills
- Results and detail oriented
- Customer handling/service skills
- Ability to work with our clients, understand their needs, and translate them into project deliverables
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritise in the face of demanding timeframes and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the CPG industry and start-up ecosystem
- Experience in working with JIRA and Agile methodology is a plus