Our social media communities are growing fast and we’re looking for someone to help us keep the content flowing as well as look for new and innovative ways to improve our channels further and deliver exciting content across the communities over the next 6 months.
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of our social media strategy. This will involve some creation, publishing and analysing content across our social media channels. You’ll be social media obsessed and confident about creating and testing new content types across social channels.
What you will be doing
- Execute our Facebook Strategy across various craft pages, to drive community engagement and traffic to the site. Making use of all opportunities on the Facebook platform including: shops, groups, livestreams and podcasts.
- Support on growing our Pinterest channel across craft categories. Executing strategy to drive channel traffic, while also audience retention and engagement.
- Support on launching the brand on new social media platforms. Helping to establish community growth strategies and content calendars. You will also be responsible for sourcing and executing content which inspires, educates and entertains the crafting community across various new platforms.
- Be responsible for content curation: Sourcing content from our community and site, liaising and briefing new content with our design time and publishing content across our social channels in a way that is consistent with our brand and social media strategy.
- Help identify new content opportunities: Researching and staying up to date on new features across social media channels, helping the team to utilise into current strategies and campaigns.
- Reporting weekly on social media initiatives: Analysing the performance of social content and optimising content.
- Launch new products on social: Our family of private label craft products is expanding quickly - there’s always something new to launch. You’ll play an important role in launching these with a bang across our social media channels.
Who you are
- You’re SUPER passionate and have an excellent understanding of all things social media
- You have the confidence to write copy in the brand's tone of voice both as part of a campaign, and in real time.
- You are highly motivated, a self starter, and you want to learn from the best and absorb every scrap of knowledge you can.
- You’re reactive, spotting opportunities quickly and taking the initiative to make things happen.
- You’re interested in the metrics and numbers and want to understand why things work well or not.
- You’re passionate about the craft world, you're probably a keen maker yourself.
- You have great attention to detail, are highly organised and you have strong communication skills
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
Desired but not essential skills and experience...
- Previous social media coordinator experience
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Adobe Suite
- Experience with social scheduling tools, Google Analytics and other management and reporting tools
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great benefits including pension plan, private healthcare, health cash plan and some other great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday.
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Working environment that values excellence
- Central London Location, although working remotely through the COVID pandemic and will continue with a hybrid-remote approach post pandemic
- This is a fixed term contract for 6 month duration
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. We've graduated from the Future Fifty were 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential.