About the Role and You
The Product Certification Manager has a key role in the development of class leading hardware products. The role will work closely with product development and product management and will have a direct impact on final product design and the design process. The role reports locally to the Quality Management Function, and will work directly with product development teams, operations, delivery program managers and other functions to lead certification and compliance activities and ensure all Zwift Hardware products fulfill compliance, legal and safety requirements accurately and consistently in all geographies and markets. This will include ownership of user documentation packages required for all markets and regulatory authorities.
The role-holder will have collaboration, organisational, planning, problem solving and leadership skills and will be a pro-active, “self-starter” to work optimally in a multifaceted and fast paced environment.
The role requires an extensive understanding of certification and compliance requirements and processes for consumer hardware products, ideally across multiple global markets.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and development requirements and certification test plans, coordinating tasks for product certification across all products, including but not limited to FCC, UL, CE, UKAS, RoHS, REACH, wireless & wired protocols and specific fitness equipment requirements.
- Work with the Product Development senior management team in developing requirements from the relevant standards
- Developing associated pre-certification test plans with engineers from the product requirements. Ensuring issues are identified and managed to resolution early in the design process ahead of formal testing.
- Set-up and maintain technical product documentation for certification including Technical Construction Files
- Support, research and give insight to design teams, operations and suppliers throughout the design and verification process, including supporting issue investigation and resolution
- Work closely with, audit and nurture relationships with external test house and compliance consultants and agencies to ensure accurate, smooth and efficient testing and documentation
- Review test reports (internal or external) and be able and willing to challenge if data is unclear or inconsistent
- Review or test prototypes and advance any compliance concerns or issues
- Act as an experienced consultant with legal, operations, and product engineering on compliance topics
- Understand trends and changes with compliance regulations and be able to communicate impact to internal teams
- Create standardized processes with the current development frameworks to embed a culture around compliance
- Participate in the change control process through the full product lifecycle
- Work with sustaining engineering, operations and suppliers to implement ongoing compliance maintenance processes to ensure consistent product compliance
What we're looking for:
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Certification for global consumer electronic or connected fitness equipment
- Experience of product certification and requirements for wireless technologies (FCC, IC, CE)
- Familiarity with safety standards (UL, ASTM, EN, ISO) and environmental standards (RoHS, REACH, Prop65)
- A broad engineering background to support and analyse requirements for performance, materials, packaging, and electro-mechanical safety
- Existing relationships with major test houses and certification groups
- Readiness to follow a flexible schedule to work with global teams, and a proven ability to delivery exciting programs as a sole contributor, or as a team lead
- A principled, calm approach to running complex projects leading dynamic situations
- Excellent written and verbal skills to collaborate closely with and give mentorship to peers or other teams
- Experience in product development and design of consumer products
- Experience with certification of indoor or outdoor electronic sporting equipment (ISO4210, ISO20957)
- Experience of MS Project, Smartsheets, Jira and/or Miro planning and management tools
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.