Want to join the #1 marketing data pipeline company and one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech companies?
We’re looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join our Data Engineering team!
🧩 Why will you become an integral part of our team?
We're looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join our internal data team in our Helsinki HQ or remotely, depending on your preference. You’ll work with many different departments (such as sales, support, customer success, design) and be a part of a team that builds end-to-end data solutions. You will lead the data engineering team whose responsibilities will include everything related to bringing data into our data platform using our own product as well as other tools where needed.
In this role you will be responsible for hiring data engineers, developing the whole data engineering tool stack, and implementing tools that are needed for successful deployment and maintenance of data pipelines. As the first pure data engineer in this team, you will have a responsibility to serve our internal BI and analytics team with the data it needs to provide solutions for the end-users. You will also play a key role in our DataOps, as you will be working with the team to create a data platform that enables efficient usage of data throughout the company.
🤩 Things that your typical workday includes:
- Planning and prioritization of data engineering tasks and mentoring team members
Working with event data streams with different teams that produce data
- Developing and maintaining data pipelines that feed data to our data platform
- Orchestrating our data workflows
- Deploying, maintaining and monitoring the needed cloud infrastructure for our data platform, communicating on issues
- Working with the whole BI and analytics team to define data requirements for current and upcoming tasks
-Developing our practices on how we operate our data assets
💪 What kind of skills you need in this role
- Senior-level experience with data engineering, ability to create needed processes from scratch
- +5 years hands-on experience with data engineering-related tasks, like building pipelines and event processing services, setting up monitoring and orchestration of the pipelines, and deploying needed resources on cloud platforms
- Experience leading e.g. data engineering teams
- Proficiency with Python
- Knowledge of stream data processing tools like Apache Kafka
- Experience in working with modern cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure, and managing cloud infrastructure with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Analytical mindset and a desire to grow your skills on wide range
- Excellent communication skills in English
Prior work experience in a Saas Business or marketing analytics environment is a plus, as well as experience with tools like dbt and Airflow. If you happen to have experience in PHP, that is also considered as an advantage, but definitely not a requirement.
You can work 100% remotely from Poland, Portugal, Lithuania, UK, and Ireland. Remote or on-site, we work tightly together by having daily catch-ups with the team!
What’s in it for you?
The reason people love to work at Supermetrics is that we all work towards the same goal using our own individual strengths. We’re determined to achieve our vision of being the best business data pipeline company in the world.
At Supermetrics, we have unrivaled team spirit and a shared thirst for continuous learning and sharing our knowledge. We take our work seriously - not so much ourselves. We recognize our team as our greatest asset and take good care of our people.
Here’s more info about our culture and benefits!
In case we haven’t met before, here’s Supermetrics in a nutshell:
It all started from a Google t-shirt...
Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek’s will to win a Google t-shirt, and we have been profitable and growing ever since!
We build products that are used by 500k people worldwide in small and big companies alike (BBC, Dyson, and WarnerBros, to name a few). Marketers, data analysts, and engineers use Supermetrics to move data from popular marketing platforms (such as Facebook, Google Ads, and HubSpot) to destinations like Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Excel, various BI tools, and data warehouses.
We are a diverse community of curious minds excited to build the best business data solutions ever. Kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts are our most prevalent traits.
- Remote status