We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our marketplace area and related customer channels.
You will bootstrap and lead a newly created team owning:
- GetYourGuides core search service and APIs that power internal and external search requests (Java, Elasticsearch, Postgres).
- Multiple services that gather data from different sources to build our Search index based on Kafka Streams.
The purpose of the team is to build, maintain and extend a world-class search engine that is core to the user experience of GetYourGuide customers while also enabling multiple internal teams to fulfill their search use cases.
Engineering Managers report to a Senior Engineering Manager and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Passionate about business results and people
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Engineer with Java stack
- Experience in building scalable search systems with Elasticsearch and Postgres is a big plus
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in scale-up environments
- Experience with various technologies (Java, JVM, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Postgres)
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality. Apply now