GetYourGuide is the world's leading travel marketplace to unlock the world’s most unforgettable travel experiences for modern explorers.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive manager to lead our Localization Teams and drive localization at GetYourGuide to the next level.
You will be responsible for driving our growth from a linguistic perspective and will work closely with our brand and marketing teams to win all relevant source markets. In addition you will own the complete localization of our inventory and innovate our internal localization agency and freelance base with tooling and data excellence whilst ensuring great quality.
Innovate. Inspire. Empower.
Our mission is to drive GetYourGuide’s international success by enabling our customers to explore and book our experiences in their own language and by offering outstanding localization services to all internal stakeholders.
- Create and drive the long-term vision for localization with key stakeholders and integrate it into the companies industry-leading initiatives
- Define the team strategy, expansion plans and big bets (incl. scope, structure, KPIs and targets for the team)
- Develop and enable the team for best in class performance
- Provide thought leadership by identifying areas for growth and improvement to quality and scale in L10n
- Drive innovation, improvements, and scalability in our localization workflows, processes and cross-departmental collaborations
- Be a localization advocate and build partnerships with key stakeholder departments including Content, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Business Development and Customer Care
- 5+ years leading large high performing teams
- 5+ years of experience in localization or linguistic areas
- Proven experience with scaling and developing teams and topics in a fast-growing environment, preferably e-commerce
- Excellent and pragmatic problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks based on data
- Strong proactive interpersonal skills and collaborative work-style with the ability to build relationships with leading stakeholders to drive innovation
- Experience in managing and developing a team with diverse skill sets and experience levels
- Experience working with translation vendors technical background in localization tech, TMS systems, CAT tools, machine translation are a plus
- Speak and write English fluently (additional languages are a plus)
What we offer
- Working at a European tech unicorn that is constantly innovating and evolving to create unforgettable travel experiences
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s success
- Smart and engaged co-workers in an international team from over 70 nationalities
- Personal annual training budget and GrowthHub - be constantly learning
- Discounted passes for public transportation, personal health and pension schemes
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Breakfast, drinks, and fruit every day.
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & drinks Fridays)
- Lots of fun events and team outings, with regular learning and development opportunities in short a place to jointly grow and have fun together
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station