Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
As UX/User Researcher, your insights have a real and immediate impact on the product roadmap, thousands of users, and millions of employees. Your research supports the entire product development lifecycle from generative to evaluative research and applies the appropriate techniques in each phase.
Your main functions will be:
- Independently conduct qualitative research, applying methods such as usability testing, interviews, ethnographic observations, participatory design, card sorting, or your own creative approaches
- Investigate current workflows and users’ needs, goals, pain points
- Evaluate existing and to be developed features and design ideas
- Share insights with designers, PMs, leadership, and others in the right frequency and format
- Evaluate and ensure impact of research results
- Advocate for user needs in internal discussions, design critiques, and project meetings
- Identify research opportunities and evangelize the value of user-centrism and UX research
- Liaise with Sales, Customer Success, Delivery Consultants, and Marketing, to gain access to users and align initiatives
- Work with our product intelligence team to understand usage and publish intercepts
- Support product teams’ customer conversations as subject matter expert and by developing and delivering trainings, workshops, templates, and other learning materials to help product teams
- Contribute to the definition of a research roadmap, that supports Nexthink’s mission beyond the operational and tactical level
- Work remotely with access to our offices in Spain, France, Germany, or join our development teams in Switzerland. Locations with good travel-connections to Lausanne preferred. Time zone CET +/- 1h required.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite
- Degree in a relevant field (Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction HCI, Human Machine Interaction HMI, Anthropology, Sociology, Data Science, etcetera.), or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in qualitative user research for digital products, or equivalent experience
- Mastery of a wide variety of user research techniques and tools
- Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, and when and how to apply them in the product development process
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent rapport and networking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creativity and positive can-do attitude in the face of challenges and limitations
- Willingness and ability to travel to customers, events, and product teams, as needed and Covid-appropriate (details to be discussed)
- Preferred: Familiarity with enterprise products / B2B
- Preferred: Experience with ethnographic or quantitative approaches (data science)
- Preferred: English and additional languages (esp. French, German, Spanish)
We are 800+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.