Reporting to the Head of Brand and Content, you’ll be responsible for driving forward the direction of our social media strategy, fostering brand love through engaging and relevant content, growing our community of makers and influencers and attracting a new audience as we build the ultimate destination for crafters, both in the UK and internationally. Phew!
Success in this role will be developing and implementing a social media and influencer strategy that identifies the best opportunities to increase LoveCrafts’ brand awareness and build meaningful relationships with our community of makers and talented partners. It’s a pretty exciting role, if we say so ourselves!
It’s full time, permanent and based in London with a hybrid-remote approach, but we are also open to applicants based in the UK looking to work remotely outside of London.
What you will be doing
- Strategy: You’ll set and own the strategy for LoveCrafts own and private label social media channels; predominantly Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. You’ll also define the strategy for collaborating with social media influencers, identifying the optimum opportunities to grow LoveCrafts’ awareness and engagement.
- Social Campaigns: Collaborating with colleagues across the business, you’ll be responsible for creating engaging social media content plans and campaigns that meet our big plan objectives.
- Content Creation & Execution: You’ll create the monthly social calendar and oversee visual content creation for social media channels including but not limited to photography, dynamic video (reels, infeed and lives) written and graphic content. Be responsible for content scheduling, creation, delivery and community engagement, with support from the social team
- Growing our influencer community ‘The Flock’: We work with a thriving network of talented makers as part of our ambassador programme, The Flock, particularly in the knitting and crochet community. You’ll be responsible for developing the programme and ensuring we develop a diverse and inclusive community of makers in our ‘new crafts’ space.
- Reporting: You’ll set and own the KPIs and measures of success for social media and influencer campaigns. Creating weekly and monthly social reports that provide the business with simple, insightful reporting, striving to reach our targets, testing and iterating along the way.
- Team Leadership: You’ll support and develop two LoveCrafts makers, our Content Creator & Influencer Executive and Social Media Coordinator.
- Events: Organise and run Flock events (in person or virtual) where necessary for our influencer network.
Who you are
You will have this unique blend of experience, knowledge and skills:
- Hands-on experience within social media and managing platforms/brands.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of social media, as well as emergent trends
- Have solid experience working in influencer marketing, ideally within an agency environment or within a hyper growth consumer business.
- Superb communication skills which enable you to build strong relationships with people at all levels including senior stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills and an adaptable tone of voice.
- A sensitive and curious approach to how we can improve the diversity of our maker community, and make our offering more inclusive for all makers.
- Full understanding of social metrics and ability to analyse and recommend new approaches.
- A creative and strategic thinker with the ability to understand commercial requirements and think holistically about the bigger picture.
- A doer who rolls your sleeves up to get things done.
- You are an enthusiastic & passionate person, who genuinely cares about their work and wants to do the absolute best they can.
- A passion for craft would be a big plus
- Experience in scheduling tools, Adobe Photoshop (other Adobe Creative Tools a big plus)
- The chance to join our journey in becoming the global craft destination - no biggy!
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience.
- Flexible working with a core hours model - we trust our team to do the work needed in the way that suits you best.
- Lots of other great benefits including options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, health cash plan, employee discounts, in-house coaching clinics and career development and lots more!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday, because nobody should be working on their birthday!
- Smart colleagues and supportive team who uphold our smart, kind, maker values. We don’t mean to boast but you will genuinely find a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey.
- Central London Location - we're passionate about flexibility and are following a hybrid-remote approach, working a combination of from home and at the office.
At LoveCrafts we’re building an online community for crafters: a home for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. We've graduated from the Future Fifty, were 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies, all thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based across the globe with hubs in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer), Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion) and most recently BGF (Unruly, Gousto).
In 2020 we acquired WEBS, also known as America’s yarn store, the largest online knitting, crochet and weaving business and most recently in 2022 we acquired some of the Deramores assets, including its yarn stock, digital assets, patterns and tutorials. The acquisition of the successful family-run business WEBS and the important UK crafting site Deramores marks a significant milestone in our journey to becoming the end-to-end destination for craft enthusiasts around the world.
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential. Apply now