We are at the start of an initiative to transform our Developer Centre into a best in class resource that makes it easy for a broad audience to discover, learn about and use our award winning platform. We need help to overhaul our entire site, creating rich content and a “wow factor” experience that removes the complexity common in our industry and enables customers using our products to quickly build and launch solutions to their specific payments challenges.
This is a great opportunity to join us at the start of the journey where you will have a huge influence and the autonomy to focus on not only the content but the broader user experience too.
What you will do
- Take ownership of our Developer Centre, including the creation of our technical content strategy (working alongside Product, Engineering and Brand).
- Establish the supporting guidelines, standards (style, tone of voice etc) and the processes required to successfully deliver against the content strategy.
- Collaborate frequently with teams across the business to create concise, engaging content and visuals that enables a broad audience to achieve their goals and get the most out of our products. Content is predominantly our API & Developer Guides but includes our Web application (Portal), tutorials and release notes too. The Product Technical Writer will also be heavily involved in ensuring the best possible brand experience for developers for each new product launch.
- Keep our content up-to-date and promote continuous improvement, obtaining and acting on feedback, user research and analytics.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, structuring and writing engaging content for predominantly technical audiences such as Developers and Solution Architects.
- Advanced written and verbal English language communication and presentation skills.
- Able to create simple diagrams and visuals to convey technical information.
- Experienced in using and documenting RESTful APIs.
- Able to develop a deep understanding of our products and platform and subsequently explain complex topics clearly, accurately and effectively.
- Able to operate independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Effective planning and prioritising skills to ensure successful delivery in line with project timescales.
- Strong stakeholder management skills (influencing others, building relationships, communication styles).
- A customer centric approach that challenges us to do better and strive for the best outcome for the customer.
- Experienced in working within an agile environment and collaborating with software development teams using frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing and growing environment, where priorities may change from day to day.
- Software development or web development experience.
- Familiar with OpenAPI and Swagger Specifications.
- Brand skillsets such as UX copywriting.
- Banking, Payments or Fintech experience.
- Ideally Edinburgh but could be based at any of our locations.
- Presentation on our existing Developer Centre (What’s wrong with it, initial thoughts on what we should be doing differently and how to go about it)?
- Presentation on a similar site that they like and why it’s great?
- For a given product, create a tailored descriptions of it (what it does) for a Product Marketer, Developers (Modulr Customers) and Product Managers.