Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations, and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
Some of our key achievements:
- Ranked 42nd in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50 companies in 2021
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK.
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020.
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet.
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures.
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
About our culture and values:
At Modulr we are focused on building autonomous squads that are focused on working in the best possible way. We operate in a tribes and squad model with each area focused on a particular growth area. Each squad is small and cross-functional. We have big ambitions and have many interesting challenges ahead.
As an organisation we are built on the premise of 4 core values:
- Build the extraordinary
- Own the opportunity
- Make giant strides
- Achieve it together
This is The Modulr Way that helps drive what we do every day.
The first line Risk & Compliance function executes processes to mitigate risks to Modulr as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks (such as Anti-bribery & Corruption). The Risk and Compliance Team Lead role will be focussed on managing the BAU processes and ensuring a smooth and efficient onboarding journey of new clients. You will have experience with leading a team and delivering results, have a good understanding of the regulatory landscape that Modulr operates in and be comfortable with driving change and guarantee operational excellence.
What you will do
- Uphold Modulr’s policy frameworks and procedures and ensure these are followed accurately during BAU processes.
- Act as an advisor to the business and our customers, sharing your expertise on your function and answering queries
- Mentor, support and develop new and existing members of the onboarding team through training and coaching.
- Support the FCM in day-to-day running of the team, including effective prioritisation and allocation of activities.
- Perform quality assurance / quality control processes to ensure a consistent approach to client due diligence and client reviews.
- Approve low and medium risk clients onboarding with Modulr, offering feedback to team members and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Deputise for the FCM in team management and meetings when the FCM is not available or on annual leave.
- Identify and drive opportunities to continuously improve our systems and processes in line with changing regulatory requirements.
- Work with the FCM in governance and reporting activities to produce effective MI that drives performance improvement.
- You’re passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the compliance team and wider business.
- You’re excited about the prospect of taking ownership of compliance processes, whilst ensuring that they evolve so that the compliance programme continues to be aligned to the business’s growth plans.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate compliance tasks and investigations alongside longer term projects.
- You’re analytical and can assess risks and define appropriate controls based on these, communicating the links, effectiveness and any potential gaps clearly to others.
- You enjoy leading, mentoring and supporting other members of your team.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime.