As an engineer in our developer enablement team, your mission that plays is making sure we fully use our cloud and container-based infrastructure. You will work with systems affecting the whole engineering organisation that make it easy, fast and safe to deploy changes and new functionality. Developer productivity is the north star of the team and you will use a mix of software development, system integration and automation skills to get there.
In the DEN team, most often we use Python, Go, MySQL and DynamoDB. As part of our automation tools, we interact with API of infrastructure-related technologies and services such as Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Drone CI, and GitHub. If you want to understand how we work with other teams, these two blog posts can help: “Productivity Pairing Days”, “Run updates across multiple GitHub repositories”.
- Actively engage and help our developers to reduce deployment friction and improve our software delivery performance
- Build and improve our developer tooling
- Setup and operate continuous integration and deployment systems, configure pipelines, support various deployment strategies including canary and blue-green deployments
- Support test environments
- Develop software that helps with automate daily routines and handles autoscaling and failure recovery
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies
- Work closely with the Site Reliability, Data Infrastructure and Security teams
- Participate in infrastructure on-call rotations
- Champion our operations culture and help the engineering organisation deliver high availability services for our customers
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Coding skills in at least one programming language. Infrastructure use Python and Go among others
- Experience with automating system and server management
- Understanding of distributed systems, networking and container technology
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to quickly learn supported by the senior engineers on the team
- Problem solver with operations skills that can quickly diagnose and pinpoint issues in a production environment
- 4+ years of experience with CI/CD pipeline management and infrastructure
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Personal growth budget and mentorship programs
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance (varies by role/level)
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are key to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via [email protected].