In this role you will work in a cross-functional team who are asked to solve a problem, rather than be handed a task to do. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have great opportunities to work on challenging problems.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations, and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
Some of our key achievements:
- Ranked 42 in Deloitte’s 2021 UK Technology Fast 50 companies
- Ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- We have processed over 135m transactions to date with a value in excess of £90 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
About our culture and values:
At Modulr we are focused on building autonomous squads that are focused on working in the best possible way. We operate in a tribes and squad model with each area focused on a particular growth area. Each squad is small and cross-functional. We have big ambitions and have many interesting challenges ahead.
As an organisation we are built on the premise of 4 core values:
- Build the extraordinary
- Own the opportunity
- Make giant strides
- Achieve it together
This is The Modulr Way that helps drive what we do every day.
In Channels, we live and breathe the customer!
From creating aspirational world-class onboarding processes, helping our customers manage their money with our amazing Customer Portal, to connecting our customers to where their transactions live in our third-party accountancy integrations - we're responsible for making our customers' lives easier.
With a rich and ambitious roadmap, it's a great time to join Channels and help us shape our growth in Accounts Payable and Payroll!
About the tech:
Frontend Tech Stack
- Framework - Angular 12 (Updated every 6 Months)
- Language - Typescript
- Component Library - Storybook
- Unit Test Framework - Jest, Jasmine
- Event based framework - Rxjs
- Static Analysis - Eslint, Stylelint
- Development Tools - Lighthouse
- Task Runner - Grunt
- CI/CD - Jenkins
- Solid understanding and development experience in Angular (experience using similar frameworks, such as React and Vue.js will be considered)
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS/SASS
- Experience creating responsive frontend solutions consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience in TDD, writing testable code and unit/integrations tests
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git
- Clear and responsive communication
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, appropriate judgment and decision-making skill
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Proven ability to effectively manage timelines and deliverables
- Meeting deadlines and strong attention to detail
- You are a self-started, motivated team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
About the role:
- Help deliver an industry leading user experience for our customer portal.
- Ship small to medium sized features, components and improvements with minimal guidance from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger initiatives.
- Collaborate with Product Management, UI/UX Designers, Backend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Mentoring, knowledge transfer, supporting and upskilling other engineers
- Responding to and troubleshooting production issues and continuously learning from them, so we can build better and more reliable software for the future
About the interview process:
For this role you will go through the following process:
- Pre-Screen call – This will be with our talent team this usually lasts about 30 minutes and is a chance for us to learn more about you.
- Technical Test + Hiring Manager call back to back.
- Technical call – This is a chance to meet with some of our great engineers. We will walk through your technical task, ask some technical questions and then we will have a chance for you to ask us some questions as well.
- Hiring manager call – This is a chance to meet some of our engineering manager group. This part will be more about learning about you as a person and understanding what motivates you.
About our benefits:
In addition to a highly competitive salary, our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. Our offices are modern, with lots of natural light and break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Performance discretionary bonus.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday.
- 160 hours of bookable learning and development time.
- Flexible working.