Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for an Associate Product Manager, Encoding to join our Product Team. We’re building the Bitmovin Video Encoding service, a massively distributed video encoding system that runs anywhere. Our goal is to help you grow and provide you all resources required to be successful in contributing to the team’s success.
As an Associate Product Manager, Encoding you will
- Perform analysis and market research that helps the Encoding product team to make the right growth decisions
- Work with users to understand challenges they’re facing and contribute to the definition of solutions, including working directly with Engineering teams
- Analyse product data to draw insights which will influence the product’s direction
- Write stories to describe feature requirements and support Product Marketing with the creation of new content
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to give progress updates and communicate new features and changes in the product
- Work on customer facing documentation, announcements and tutorials
It would be great if you have
- The ability to work self-reliant in a diverse group of people - mainly Engineering, Sales and Marketing
- Enthusiasm for delivering state-of-the-art technology products in an agile hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly
- A keen interest to learn about new technologies and identify trends quickly
- Experience with analysing feedback to draw insights and conclusions
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience working with B2B software products
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with technical software products or API-based products
- Experience analysing internal and external data sources & metrics
- Experience in a role which included direct interaction with customers
- Previous experience of working with OKRs
Bitmovin's Worldwide Benefits
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Home Office bonus
- Investment in growth and education
- Subscription to one of our customer’s streaming services
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun company events and team activities (hackathons, summer party, …)
- Free choice of hardware
- Company holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Seasonal gift package (swag)
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin’s Benefits in Austria and Germany
- Additional days off (bridge days)
- Hybrid work (home office / onsite flexibility)
- Sodexo - Lebensmittel Pass Card (Austria)
- Bike leasing (Austria)
- Sponsorship of public transport ticket (Austria)
- Lunch benefit ( Austria)
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices (Vienna, Klagenfurt and Berlin)
At Bitmovin we sincerely believe in the value that true diversity brings to a company. We diligently ensure our business, our people, our language and our actions do not discriminate against differences in race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, education, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and neurodiversity. Diversity is a part of our company character, thus we strive for the inclusion of diverse thought leadership to enhance the capability and uniqueness of our company proposition and culture. We launched our DEI group, the Tiger Team, to enhance our Diversity, Equality & Inclusivity agenda; bringing individuality to the forefront of our culture.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bitmovin will happily consider qualified candidates returning to the workforce after a period of familycare, home work, or other interesting adventure or detour.
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide. Apply now