Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such Intuit, Nokia, Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, Atlassian design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and is operating as a remote-first company.
What you'll be doing:
- Direct people manager for a team of 4 Developer Advocates, responsible for career growth, performance evaluations, setting of priorities, and overall strategic guidance. to help them do their best work
- Responsible for strategic planning for the Developer Advocacy function, including quarterly OKRs and annual goals as well as documentation of team responsibilities, goals, and success metrics
Some of your initial projects may include:
- Identifying the current gaps in developer awareness and enablement for Camunda Platform 8 and creating a prioritized strategy for closing those gaps.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Technical Support teams to drive awareness of Camunda Platform 8 and enable our developer audience.
- Improve feedback loops and presentation of strategic patterns to product stakeholders
- Establish and maintain KPIs and standards for the Developer Advocates, accommodating unique skills & abilities, in order to strengthen members of the team and increase their impact.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in the US - East Coast
To find out more about our expectations for Developer Advocates, read our Director of Developer Relation’s blogpost about the DevRel Career Path: https://www.marythengvall.com/blog/2020/6/29/the-camunda-developer-relations-career-path
What you'll bring along:
- Has a passion and proven record for enabling developers (internally as well as externally) with measurable results.
- Coding experience (either hobby or professionally) in order to be able to look at the product from a developer’s perspective.
- 2+ years of experience in managing a successful Developer Advocacy team or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a variety of leadership levels throughout the organization to accomplish a singular goal.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of cross-team collaboration, communication, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working autonomously and asynchronously across a variety of timezones.
- Ability and/or willingness to use our product
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/ Apply now