Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Model Train team is responsible for building an abstraction layer that manages Kubernetes resources on behalf of the application, thus allowing Domino application engineers to implement product features without having to interface directly with the underlying platform.
This allows the compute API layer to manage assets like distributed cluster operators to add support for Spark, Ray and Dask clusters within Domino or Image building capabilities that can leverage buildkit to build OCI compliant images that is runtime agnostic (not Docker-specific) inside a userspace container to improve Domino's security posture.
What your impact will be
- Defining and building infrastructure that supports the next 10x plus scale growth of the product
- Make performance and scalability improvements to existing services
- Architect and build net-new compute functionality for the platform
What We Look For in This Role
- 5+ years of engineering contributions as an individual contributor
- Experience designing for and managing Kubernetes clusters and workloads
- Experience building production grade software, preferably in Python, Go, Scala or Java
- Experience with and knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience designing for and working with container technologies (Docker, CRI-O, podman)
- Experience building cloud native solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP, EKS, AKS, GKE)
- Skilled at communicating technical matters and requirements
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
- Knowledge of security concerns particular to cloud and container based architectures (Istio, Openshift)
- Knowledge of Scala or other functional programming language
- Experience with infrastructure automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, Helm)
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply