ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40. With a growing corporate client base (150+ and counting) - our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, Denver, Atlanta, London, and soon Madrid.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
We are looking to hire an alternant to join our Operations team. This position reports to the Operations Project lead, your responsibilities would include:
- Define, formalize and implement operational processes within a regulated, international and fast growing company so as to make the organization more efficient and effective ;
- Work closely with Operation and Commercial functions to execute key impactful initiatives.
- Help to develop the business platform for current and future activities ;
- Be part of the implementation of new functionalities: define the roadmap, set up performance indicators and implement.
Provide data analysis support :
- Continuously track and analyze Descartes performance, including reporting to senior stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current master’s degree from a Business / Engineering school/ University ;
- An internship experience in consulting, strategy, finance or project management is valued.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel ;
- Eye for quality and attention to detail ;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) ;
- Professional English.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry ;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment ;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity ;
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.) ;
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment ;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity ;
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers ;
- Benefit from a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities. Apply now