As a Solution Consultant at Modulr you will work alongside the sales team, and partner with our product teams, to take to market our expanding portfolio of API-first business payment products. You will work in a consultative framework identifying client pain points, defining Modulr proposition fit and pitching tailored solutions and use cases.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations, and handle complex supplier, customer, and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
- Ranked 42 in Deloitte’s 2021 UK Technology Fast 50 companies
- Ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- We have processed over 135m transactions to date with a value in excess of £90 billion of business payments
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Award
About the role
Throughout the client engagement you will act as a trusted advisor on Modulr products and best methods of integrating Modulr’s services. You will leverage your expertise of the payments industry, regulation and Modulr technology to drive forward client engagements through discovery sessions, solution design workshops, product demonstrations, impactful pitch presentations, developer Q&A, and formal RFI/RFP responses. You will collaborate with our product teams to distil your market learning to identify feature enhancements and new and exciting product offers that Modulr can bring to market.
To join us as a Solutions Consultant
- You’re excited about becoming a deep subject matter expert on the payments industry, regulation and Modulr’s solutions, and helping our prospects and clients to maximise the benefits we can provide.
- You are energised by solving client problems and optimizing their experience of our products.
- You’re equally comfortable with managing discovery sessions to uncover client requirements, pitching tailored presentations to C-suite executives or interacting with technology architects and development teams explaining our products and technology.
- You’re comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis.
- You can find the right balance of speed and accuracy when prioritising and take responsibility for seeing things through to a high standard.
- You have a real interest in payments and financial services technology.
Skills and experience
- Relevant professional experience in product, technology presales, system architecture or management consulting roles.
- Relevant payments industry experience, whether this is from card payments, account payments or elsewhere
- Excellent track record and at least 3 years in technology-based presales or solution design role ideally in API based SaaS platforms and real-time transaction processing.
- Experience of solution design in complex software development domains, preferably with high volume transaction components (e.g. ERP, payments, core banking, trading, insurance or similar).
- Experience eliciting requirements, creating and delivering product and solution pitches.
- First class client engagement skills throughout the lifecycle of a sales engagement.
- Strong, data driven analytical skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication when articulating complex solutions, while tailoring your approach to your audience.
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working
This is an exciting time to join Modulr to scale, develop and grow a critical function within a rapidly expanding payments business. Apply now