Location: Long Beach, CA. or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about you:
As Engineering Manager of our Game Tools team, you'll be responsible for managing a team of engineers to deliver critically important tools, systems, and processes used company-wide by our engineering, creative, and design teams. You are accountable for your team's code quality, predictable and efficient delivery, and driving engineering best-practices like automated testing, maintainability, extensibility, resiliency, and scalability. You'll also look for opportunities for your teams to incubate ideas, create experiments and prototypes, and share recommendations with the broader engineering organization. You will be data-driven, and establish clear and representative metrics by which we can measure the performance and health of our products.
You are responsible for growing and developing your team, both through diverse hiring, as well as coaching and mentoring the individuals on your team to improve their professional and technical abilities.
What you’ll do:
- Build a strong engineering team through diverse hiring, coaching, and mentoring, while retaining and supporting our top talent.
- Build realistic and efficient agile project plans, align across partner teams, proactively identify risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Define and drive key performance metrics and communicate progress to a broad set of team members across multiple fields.
- Work directly with engineers, product managers, and program managers to scope, plan, and deliver projects.
- Identify, define, and drive key investments in company-wide processes (i.e. quality, testing, engineering best practices, etc.).
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- 3+ years of relevant management experience.
- Experience with game development and managing game development teams.
- Confirmed experience leading teams using agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience leading remote and distributed teams.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective at hiring, coaching, and leading diverse engineering teams.
- Foundational knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with Git or similar distributed version control systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in video gaming or health & fitness industries
- Experience working with external partners.
- Experience working with Game Engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Custom).
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness.
- Experienced Zwifter.
(Colorado only) Minimum salary of $148,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transparency in Coverage:
Health plan price transparency is designed to help consumers know the cost of covered items or healthcare-related services prior to the date upon which they receive care. Transparency in Coverage (TIC) regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files (MRFs) that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available.
Here is the link to the site on which Anthem posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs). The link will allow you to search for your files using your Employer Identification Number (81-2798595)