We're disrupting the insurance industry with our SaaS platform Renew, which insurers use to build mathematical models to make complex pricing decisions, modelling the answer to questions such as:
- What are the chances that SpaceX's next launch will fail?; and
- What are the chances of Kanye West cancelling his sell-out tour?
Renew is self-serve - allowing insurance professionals to login to our development platform and build their models in a faster, more accurate way, enabling users to reduce the industry-standard time to deployment of two weeks down to just 30 minutes - and we've literally proven this in a live demo! This industry had not seen much innovation up until very recently so our opportunity here is unrivalled.
Having already proven our solution in the market with large enterprise accounts, signing multi-year, seven-figure partnerships, the mission is to help hx grow to a billion dollar valued software company through new client acquisition and growth.
Sales @ hx
We had an immensely successful 2021 - winning flagship clients which included Aviva and one of the "Big 5" US insurers. These deals have seen us more than triple our ARR. Having now established our Sales and Marketing teams, we've achieved a huge amount and this is a testament to our product and its market fit. We are now looking to build an experienced sales team so we can make the most of and really capitalise on this opportunity - our first AE joined in Q4 2021 and quickly exceeded expectations!
Enterprise sales at hx are high-touch – requiring the winning over of multiple stakeholders over a long period of time. You will be leading our clients - some of the brightest minds in the industry - on their path to innovation.
We are looking for an Enterprise Account Executive who can identify who, and what, we should focus on in closing these sales – building credibility throughout as a company who prides their technical and industry know-how and winning over the hearts and minds of actuaries, underwriters, and IT (as well as execs).
As our Enterprise Account Executive, you will be reporting into the VP of Sales. Simon Lappin has a track record of taking a nascent company to the next stage of revenue growth, while building teams of brilliant, fun & overachieving people.
Note: hx is still a relatively early-stage business, and our culture prizes initiative highly. As such this section is a good indicator of your role, but the list isn’t exhaustive. The right candidates will seize the opportunity to build and grow their own portfolio of prospects and customers.
- Develop a sales plan to prospect, build, manage and close deals, while ensuring coverage and penetration of your assigned territory;
- Strategically manage relationships with multiple senior stakeholders; including C-Suite contacts such as COO, CFO and CIO;
- Effectively engage internal resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the opportunity, including pre-sales engineers, professional services, and leadership as needed;
- Collaborate with a Sales Development Representative on lead generation, coverage plan, and existing account expansion;
- Pipeline generation into own list of named accounts;
- Build strong relationships with system integrators and resale partners;
- Work closely with our recently established Marketing team on building a world-class demand generation machine;
- Collaborate with our Head of Learning when we'll be building a community around our product, Renew, and introducing industry-first Training & Certification services;
- Participate in marketing events to engage prospects and present hx’s value;
- Build an understanding of the subject matter, our product - Renew - and the insurance sector in general, through our carefully designed onboarding process and with our full support!
- Establish relationships within hx, with the core teams who will be critical to your success including Customer & Product teams
- Once confident, deliver corporate presentations and articulate the value that hx has brought to our existing customers
- Learn our internal systems including CRM so that you can start to build out territory plans and track sales activities
If you're the right fit for this role, you will be able to show clear evidence that you are:
- A self-starter with the ability to own / drive your own territory and initiatives for success
- Independent & unusually proactive
- Someone who delivers on commitments - sets yourself ambitious goals and achieves them
- Highly data-driven and results-oriented
- A person who has intrinsically high standards - you will set the standard in your team
- Unwaveringly enthusiastic - because being first to do this in an industry can be challenging!!
- A team player and able to engage and work with the wider hx team - we win and fail as a team
- A good listener - someone who can take on feedback and respond to what the audience wants
- Organised and a good planner - able to manage engagements with multiple stakeholders in parallel
- Persistent and confident in your approach (but without ever being arrogant!)
Experience and skills
- 6+ years of successful experience in B2B SaaS solution selling with a focus on hunting new business;
- Strong ability to communicate and present software product demonstrations;
- Proven ability to meet and exceed a $1 million sales quota, while creating and driving client-centric strategies;
- Track record of sales performance and exceeding sales targets in 4 of the last 5 years;
- Preferred experience selling into line-of-business functions and into complex client environments;
- Experience using SFDC and other tools to accurately keep track of and forecast on all activities and opportunities;
- Strong sales methodology and structured approach to driving results ideally including MEDDIC, Sandler, Challenger & Value Based Selling
What do we offer?
Individual wellbeing allowance via
- Competitive salary + very staff-friendly EMI share options
- £5,000 for individual and group training and conference budget
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holiday days (33 in total)
- Company pension scheme via Penfold
- Mental health and therapy provision via
- Private healthcare insurance through Vitality
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, screens, mechanical keyboards, etc)
- Regular remote hackathons, lunch & learns, socials and games nights
- Team breakfasts and lunches, snacks, drinks fridge, fun office @ The Ministry
- Annual team trip
- Huge opportunity for personal development and mastery as we grow together!
Diversity @ hx
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is. We are not yet where we want to be in terms of balance, but it is our mission to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we are working hard towards that goal.
If you like the sound of this role but you’re not totally sure whether you’re the right fit – please apply anyway and we’ll let you know either way. Remember: you miss every shot you don’t take! Apply now