Core skills: CI/CD, Codeship, GH Actions, Containerization (Docker and Kubernetes), MySQL, JVM, Java, Kotlin, Ansible
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward thinking individuals who want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
Bitmovin is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to join our cross-functional DevOps Team. We are providing a massively scalable cloud-based tech stack to power our Bitmovin products. In this team, you will be responsible for developing and running the infrastructure that operates our award winning encoder, handles immense data amounts from our analytics and enables our player to perform on a variety of devices. You will also be able to contribute to the further development of our cutting edge video and streaming technologies.
This is an opportunity that offers:
- Development of high-quality, high-performance, fault-tolerant, well-tested, reusable, and scalable software and infrastructure that will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Discovery+, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times, and millions of users worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with a modern tech stack including Java, Kotlin, Sprint Boot, Sprint Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana, ELK Stack, SonarQube, and CircleCI.
- Involvement in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution.
- Development of new and improvement of existing features as well as opportunity to investigate and resolve issues.
- Diverse career opportunities and continuous growth.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Supporting the products teams working with different tech stacks
- Implementing and improving developer tooling and CI/CD processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Working on the setup, provisioning and maintenance of cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, CDNs)
What can you bring
- Open problem solving mindset
- Proficiency in at least one backend programming language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of low-level principles of computer and network components and extensive experience with all common operating systems
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training, and coaching on the job.
Life at Bitmovin
Find out more about us on our Careers Page
See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to offer flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances.Apply now