As an iOS Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers on the checkout and post-purchase experience of our iOS app.
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The FinTech group's mission is to provide a seamless checkout and post-purchase experience to our customers. As an iOS engineer in the team, you will refine the checkout process, make it easy to pay, to find the starting point of the activity, and to redeem the purchased tickets. You will also improve the processes for rescheduling, cancellation and rebooking to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Your tasks will range from defining and implementing architectural evolution, over monitoring and stability improvements together with backend engineers, to UX evolution with A/B testing in collaboration with our product manager and our UX team.
- Contribute to the development of GetYourGuide’s native iOS app
- Implement new features in the app and improve the user experience
- Contribute significantly to the team’s app roadmap
- Shape and improve the app’s architecture
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features, and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
Who you are:
- Customer-centric and data-driven decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- A track record of working on iOS apps - ideally having published one or more yourself
- High proficiency with Swift, Foundation, UIKit, Git, Xcode
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Experience with writing unit and UI tests
- Capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs highly advantageous
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Fastlane, Bitrise, Combine, JIRA, TestFlight, Swift Package Manager, Async/Await
- Experience with widely used architecture styles like VIP, MVVM or MVVM-C
- Experience with backend development in Java or PHP
- Experience with Android development
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Space and logistical support to host meetups
- Well-stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].