In your role as Microsoft Systems Administrator, you will be working as a part of the Infrastructure Team to manage, maintain and scale our internal and external Microsoft Infrastructure services.
This role would be responsible for driving our Microsoft infrastructure forward. This includes taking part in activities via the ticketing systems, system operations activities (capacity management and planning, upgrades and security related tasks), and participation in projects to deliver to time critical deadlines.
This role can be based remotely across the UK, however living within commutable distance to our Cambridge office is a definite plus!
Day to Day
- Day-to-day maintenance of Featurespace’s Microsoft systems
- Monitoring, auditing, and reporting on our infrastructure
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to further the development of our infrastructure
- Managing storage and access of sensitive data
- Knowledge of all aspects of Windows Server technology including installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Knowledge of the following Windows services and application servers: ADFS, DNS, DHCP, NTP and Print
- Best practice knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Active Directory
- Experience managing services with cloud providers such as Microsoft 365, Azure, and AWS
- Experience implementing and scaling backup solutions including developing or enhancing enterprise disaster recovery strategies
- Implementation and administration of deployment solutions such as WDS
- Experience of automation and scripting with PowerShell, and working in a PCI DSS (or equivalent) compliant environment
Great to haves
- Microsoft Power BI experience
- Exposure to networking and wireless infrastructure
- Microsoft SharePoint administration experience
- Knowledge of Visio and experience creating diagrams
- Experience with managing Windows updates using WSUS or equivalent systems
- Knowledge of integration of common of multi-factor authentication solutions
- Familiarity with Ubuntu and/or CentOS operating systems
- Familiarity with Python programming language
- Experience with Linux/AD Integration using sssd
Here at Featurespace we are committed to being a place of equality, inclusion and respect to provide a safe environment for you to bring your authentic self to work. We know that we gain as much strength from our differences as we do our similarities. We value diversity and are dedicated to listening and learning from each other to build and maintain a positive and productive culture. We appreciate this will be an ever-evolving focus for the business to ensure everyone feels supported and has a sense of belonging.