Salem, NH, United States
At Utility Cloud, our software enables some of the largest enterprises and utilities to manage their data, work, and compliance on their physical assets. We are more than a software company – we are a solutions provider. Bringing robust industry process and field knowledge to our customers, we deliver an intuitive experience for the folks in the field and office alike.
Utility Cloud is currently seeking a talented and collaborative Senior Software Engineer (full stack) to join our team. Our candidate must be able to think on their feet and rapidly identify and explain design issues and challenges. Day-to-day activities will range from high-level design to application development, to hands-on systems administration, and operational support. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess a wide range of skills and experience. This individual will also be autonomous and expected to contribute to numerous projects across the organization. The candidate must have strong development skills and must be able to operate in
a fast-paced environment.
About the Role…
- Enhances and maintains Utility Cloud’s web-based business applications hosted in AWS
- Participates in the migration of older pages (ASPX/AngularJS) to the current React tech stack.
- Designs, develops, and unit tests features in accordance with established standards.
- Leads peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Develops, refines, and fine tunes integrations between layers of the stack.
- Analyzes and resolves technical and application problems.
- Adheres to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Provides third-level support to clients through bug fixes, patches, and investigatory tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Equivalent years of experience in place of a degree is great too.
- 8+ years of professional experience with ASP.NET (C#) building RESTful APIs and Web Forms.
- Experience with AWS cloud development a huge plus - serverless, Lambdas, and DynamoDB.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Strong understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
- Experience with HTML and CSS a must.
- Unit-testing experience is critical.
- Experience with AngularJS, Mongo DB and/or Python is a plus.
- Passion for solving problems and mentoring junior team members.
- Enjoy collaborating in a team environment.
- Enjoy identifying business process improvements to eliminate waste.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.